Sign in to follow this  
GeeBee

Anyone Else Underwhelmed by PBR and the Awful Liquid Shimmer ?

I agree with what simbol said. The PBR itself is fine, as experienced if you disable dynamic reflections.

The issue is with the environment map, and the ambient light levels, which is even worse at night (no reflections).

2 hours ago, Rotorhead135 said:

Its a problem from the current PBR engine.

This helicopter is still in development and we have also this problem with shiny gloss. One option for the moment turn off dynamic reflections.reflection_problem-jpg.47697

This is just my personal opinion but I actually think the top one looks more realistic and prefer it. Without the reflections a lot of the ambient light is missing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simbol said:

No, the point is.. people are complaining about PBR.. where PBR is working fine. (except for the Dinamic Reflection issue which we both fully understand, what it is, is just a conflict)

If I create a super Glossy material and use it as a fuselage I cannot blame PBR for showing "oily looks" as it is what I instructed the material to do.. I showed a perfect example of how well you can make PBR models to look like with the PBR AAL repaint for Leonardo MD-80.

Regards,
Simbol

Care to show any pictures of what that md 80 at dusk?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

7 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

"The airplanes that use pbr don't really reflect anything at night time".

Then there is possibly something not quite right with your set up.

I just checked mine and with a PMDG BA 747 sitting at EHAM at 10pm, 4.5 is showing lovely reflections from the Floodlights.

Ian Harrison

My setup is perfectly fine. 

The airplane does not reflect at night time as they do in xplane or in real life. They just don't.

The airplanes reflect the dynamic lights from the terminals as the same way it reflects the sun during the day time. Nothing else reflects. 

At dawn and dusk, the airplanes with certain materials start to glow burning orange. PMDG 747 leading edges and nacelles are a perfect example.

The pbr implementation has a lot of potential.

No matter how perfect the textures are, there will always be a time of day that it will look like word not allowed.

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda