Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

I have a question and this may or may not be the right thread for it, but do we know yet if, since it's drawn from the cloud, MSFS2020 will continuously update its landclass/ground imagery as satellite imagery is periodically updated?  Or will it be a snapshot of the world on the day of release?  

They said that Bing update their imagery continuously and that these udates will show in MSFS. The same goes for photogrammetry. What we don‘t know is how frequently they do this. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

San Diego, USA

T3fdaPc.jpgiGsOpCG.jpg

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Istanbul, Turkey

ColdbbK.jpgTqs0Tu3.png

Nice, France

4rUqy5Z.jpgmY0CqbH.jpg

Edwards Air Force Base, USA

edk1ULy.jpgOFRzfaY.jpg

Cavarzere, Italy

H6CRiuq.jpgto3htJf.png

Dongxingpucun, China

fbjf2jh.jpgTclj26Q.jpg

Benedita, Portugal

2f3Q2Ca.jpg3MBMAW7.jpg

I wonder what the Nazca Lines look like?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Grand Canyon, USA

A3Y25Lt.jpgMGT1gqT.jpg

I don't think some of those trees on the canyon walls should be there.

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Cavarzere, Italy

Is that another water way to the right of the river? The Sim doesn't seem to be rendering it as such.

31 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't think some of those trees on the canyon walls should be there.

Is that another water way to the right of the river? The Sim doesn't seem to be rendering it as such.

After looking at Bing Maps Aerial and Google Earth of the Grand Canyon, it appears to be low bushes or foliage ( or whatever you call it ) at some places in the Grand Canyon, and I think MSFS and Bing are trying, or it looks better in person in the sim.

And yes once again, with the water way on the right at Cavarzere, Italy, I think if the plane was lower it would show up better, I guess, as there are bridges toward the top on the right. It looks like water to me, I think? Guess we won't know till we fly there at some point!

Even given that, looks way better than most default sim's at this point anyway!

@Shack95 How do you find the locations that are not in the file name when you download them? Amazing! Great job! Is your job a Map Maker or Geologist? Probably got that part wrong 🙂 Keep them coming!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Again a wonderful job ! 

Nice : I drive to the airport several times a year. From the West, the mountains are strikingly beautiful. They are unfortunately hidden in the pic and seem not so good in the Bing pic.

DongXing (congrats on that one !) : I love the idea to have AT LAST (sorry for the capital letters) the possibility to fly over a well rendered  China. Something missing in an LC map for Asia + the Global set of textures  is the shape of the fields we see here. Even better than the rainbow for me.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

15 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Cavarzere, Italy

H6CRiuq.jpgto3htJf.png

Even if some of the houses look a bit "blocky" (need a little more detail, even if it's just random), with all the reconstruction of trees and bushes, fields, roof colors this will be the first sim that is truly useful for VFR training.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.