Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 24th 2019 - Development/Insider Update

When you learn from life experiences and taught that if its too good to be true.... it probably is.   I would say this is indeed the epitome of exceptions for that rule. 

Shadows shadows, cloud shadows casting on each other, reflecting the amount of light, dark clouds varying according to the layers.  The reflections on the water based on time of day is cool.  The whole weather experience is truly outstanding from the video.  Even seeing the satellite image in game interface.   Wild stuff. 

Only thing I didnt see was internal building lights, but the night lighting from the street lights does indeed look way better. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Missing some thunderbolt/storm in the video. Did I miss someone?

The rest is fantastic, especially the clouds reflected by night lights. 

Edited by aleex

Just one word:     WOW.    (Okay, that was 4 words 🙂 )

• Like 3

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Really nice work MS, love it.  They thought of doing things that I wouldn't even expect.

My only small bug bear is, this night photo:

ycfaByX.jpg

The Sky Scrappers on the left appear to be suffering from a power cut? Should be lit up like christmas trees in reality! Hope this is just a pre-alpha thing.  See below for comparison sake.
Image result for skyscraper night london orange

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

Excellent !!!  I am soo happy.....

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Just now, KillerKlient said:

The Sky Scrappers on the left appear to be suffering from a power cut? Should be lit up like christmas trees in reality! Hope this is just a pre-alpha thing.  See below for comparison sake.

In fact none of the buildings are lit up, it's only street lights casting light on them in here. For generic buildings it shouldn't be too hard to update the textures, though for photogrammetry buildings this could be a challenge...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KillerKlient said:

Really nice work MS, love it.  They thought of doing things that I wouldn't even expect.

ycfaByX.jpg

Those skyscrapers are lit up though, it's just not as bright as the IRL picture. The camera is also making them look much brighter than they are, the sim is closer to real life (though they could be brightened up a tad anyway)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The two videos so far have been marvellous! I fully expect the following two to be likewise. Question is; what's going to be the downside? As the saying goes "If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is". Obviously we already know that various things like ATC, helicopters and possibly VR & TrackIR may not be (fully) implemented at launch but what else may be missing?

Give people power to really test their personality.

Just now, nikita said:

Those skyscrapers are lit up though, it's just not as bright as the IRL picture. The camera is also making them look much brighter than they are, the sim is closer to real life (though they could be brightened up a tad anyway)

Ye I know, but my point is not a single light on the sky scrapers is turned on.  In reality there would be a decent amount of them on in big cities (would expect half of them at least).  Doesn't matter how well it is shown, but they need to be on!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Can’t we just be positive for a bit?

Must we immediately devolve into “but what is the downside!?”

Edited by irrics
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

It's really interesting in the Seattle time-lapse cloud-layer section of the video to see how well the engine does with the Museum of Pop Culture (probably a pre-fab model) but stumbles on the Pacific Science Center, which seems like photogammetry:

outE9Qe.png

21Tcb2P.png

While I was posting this, there were like 10 new replies. Great to see people so excited.

And they changed their video format and now went with Youtube? Listening to our every whim it seems... props to the Devs!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KillerKlient said:

ycfaByX.jpg

Yup. Some anti collision lights could be good also. Maybe in a late development stages. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, irrics said:

Can’t we just be positive for a single page?

We are, the whole point is to give feedback.  MS probably views threads like these and they like feedback.  If we all just sat here saying it's 100% amazing, then it's not going to help shape a better product.  If enough people agree on how certain aspects could be tweaked then I'm sure MS will focus on them.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7