Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Double your FPS in the NGXu

As some of you know I use two screens one above the other.

I was round a mates house and he just got a second screen.

The FPS in the NGXu are not great but "we" found a trick to double your fps.

pop one of the ND's etc out and undock it, move it to a second screen or if you don't have a second screen pop open a screen and move it to the very bottom of screen (out of view)

It took his FPS from 30 to 62.

I still don't have it personally so I hope Eric does not mind me contributing this time^^

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

As some of you know I use two screens one above the other.

I was round a mates house and he just got a second screen.

The FPS in the NGXu are not great but "we" found a trick to double your fps.

pop one of the ND's etc out and undock it, move it to a second screen or if you don't have a second screen pop open a screen and move it to the very bottom of screen (out of view)

It took his FPS from 30 to 62.

I still don't have it personally so I hope Eric does not mind me contributing this time^^

not working here at all

Sergio Naiberg

8 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Approved.

Eric 

4 hours ago, SergioN said:

not working here at all

That's because this isn't a thing. It's a false reading of whatever FPS counter they're reading (FRAPS maybe). These random dudes didn't just figure out how to literally double one's FPS in P3D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

It reminds the old days my freind try to improve the VC FPS of PMDG747 in FS9 by edit panel.cfg to put the default 747 PFD/ND on the FO side, and that wroks...

7 hours ago, Chapstick said:

It's a false reading of whatever FPS counter they're reading (FRAPS maybe).

My bet would be: they use a 60Hz monitor... Then this "doubling" to 62FPS is simply due to the fact that whatever tool they use, it suddenly reads the FPS of the desktop instead of the sim. Another bet: if they would set the sim as such that they do not have 30FPS but only 20, they would be able to triple the FPS with their trick ;-)

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you really want to double your FPS, uninstall the NGXu 🤣 You're welcome!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Same if not better. Altough i have an issue with cockpit dome light, but other than that it performs as expected.

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO; 7900X3D; NZXT KRAKEN ELITE 360, GIGABYTE RTX 4080; G.SKILL TridentZ DDR5 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ALIENWARE 3423DWF

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

Same if not better. Altough i have an issue with cockpit dome light, but other than that it performs as expected.

Be skeptical of claims like this. I’m fine with the performance I’m getting, but there’s no way I would claim it’s as good or even better than the NGX in terms of FPS. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Be skeptical of claims like this. I’m fine with the performance I’m getting, but there’s no way I would claim it’s as good or even better than the NGX in terms of FPS. 

Aside from the performance hit with the new dynamic lighting in the NGXu at night, it performs better than the NGX for me. I think it's important to specify situation when experiencing performance loss or gains, as clearly for me the NGXu is better in some situations, but worse in others. Once again, the only area where I see performance loss with the NGXu is at night with a lot of it's dynamic lights active. My system is not capable of running dynamic lighting at any airport without a significant performance hit, but many of those same airports provide spectacular performance when not using dynamic lighting.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, somiller said:

My system is not capable of running dynamic lighting at any airport without a significant performance hit, but many of those same airports provide spectacular performance when not using dynamic lighting.

OT, but: are you sure? I tell you what I did and it might help you to use DL nevertheless:

- use different profiles for night time and day time flying. You can easy switch from the daytime profile to the night time profile if FPS are going down considerably when flying into the night...

- for the night time profile, you can quiet dramatically reduce settings you won't notice anyway to free up resources for dynamic lighting. In my case, I turned down the autogen density one notch, turned off almost all reflections, unticked several shadow options (no need for building shadows in night time, no?) and reduced the antialiasing from 4xSSAA to 8xMSAA (to me, slightly shimmering lights in the distance is even more realistic than no shimmering at all in night time).

With such an adapted graphics profile, I managed to have the same FPS during night on a heavy airport with dynamic lighting active as I get during daytime (e.g. WSSS from ImagineSim). And the reduced settings are almost not recognizable as it is dark.

Verdict: I am pretty word not allowed sure your GTX-1070 could handle DL with a specifically adapted graphics profile.

• Like 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I want to try to set up different profiles but Most of the times I like flying during dawn or dusk. Love that transition. So, I cannot use different profiles, I'm flying on both situation.

5 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

:huh:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

11 hours ago, AnkH said:

OT, but: are you sure? I tell you what I did and it might help you to use DL nevertheless:

- use different profiles for night time and day time flying. You can easy switch from the daytime profile to the night time profile if FPS are going down considerably when flying into the night...

- for the night time profile, you can quiet dramatically reduce settings you won't notice anyway to free up resources for dynamic lighting. In my case, I turned down the autogen density one notch, turned off almost all reflections, unticked several shadow options (no need for building shadows in night time, no?) and reduced the antialiasing from 4xSSAA to 8xMSAA (to me, slightly shimmering lights in the distance is even more realistic than no shimmering at all in night time).

With such an adapted graphics profile, I managed to have the same FPS during night on a heavy airport with dynamic lighting active as I get during daytime (e.g. WSSS from ImagineSim). And the reduced settings are almost not recognizable as it is dark.

Verdict: I am pretty word not allowed sure your GTX-1070 could handle DL with a specifically adapted graphics profile.

Oh I've done exactly that, but the fact clearly made by what you write is that DL has a dramatic impact on performance...otherwise why would you have to turn down all those settings when using DL. The topic of the OP relates to performance specific to the NGXu, and I was simply pointing out that other than DL I find it to perform somewhat better than the NGX. I don't need to double the fps with the NGXu because it works well for me, and I am skeptical that any action, given fixed computer specs, other than dramatically reducing P3D options settings could potentially double fps.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB