Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Ketchikan and San Juan - Up Close

I'm following up, here, a bit, to explore these two airports and their vicinity in more detail (quite pretty in the SIM here and surely in RW too)...PAKT and TJSJ were the ORIG/DEST points in my earlier post of the DC8 Flight. For this objective, in this post, I've used a Zeppelin in the air and the 1st Person BOB on the ground.

Side Notes of (maybe) general interest:

1. Zeppelin NT, shown here, looks like, but, technically, is not a Blimp. Zeppelin NT is a (modern) continuation of the famous (Zeppelin) heritage founded by Ferdinand von Zeppelin, which constructed and operated the successful range of Zeppelin airships in early 20th century (test-flown on the shores of Lake Constance in the city of Friedrichshafen, Germany). Zeppelin NT is classified as semi-rigid aircraft vs. the usual non-rigid blimps (so it does not deflate (i.e. lose shape) when made devoid of its constituent gas - making it lot safer than blimps. It's powered by aviation type propulsion engines and its speeds can range between (40-80) mph. Here I'm flying a steady "50" for my (localized) VFR.
  2. And, while looking for an add-on livery for this SIM, I found the repaint "Zorin" interesting...with a connection to its appearance in the 1985 Bond film "A View to Kill" (Max "Zorin" was the fictional character and the antagonist of James Bond (played by (Sir) Roger Moore, that being his final Bond film, and at age 57, he would be the oldest ever to play that part...). The actual airship used in the film was a Skyship-500 blimp built by the (former) British manufacturer Airship Industries.

Hope you enjoy these pictures below...first 10 for San Juan and the next 10 for Ketchikan...(I've mixed up the times of the day a bit for effect)...[Orbx(PAKT)/LatinVFR(TJSJ)/REX]

(Happy New Year, wherever you are!!)

VkzDeX.png

vIcwpc.png

0VcYA4.png

RGw0Ku.png

UjKqZe.png

JcKdGh.png

Hxgksa.png

QwPwJl.png

KPvcmB.png

4qwcVo.png

cyBzv7.png

qpZ5xD.png

rYhDAX.png

HxuCbN.png

qbqOML.png

1DwPwS.png

PumWg5.png

1DIC5h.png

jpZwsL.png

Ovx76x.png

• Like 4

Fun shots, thanks for sharing....

• Like 1

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Nice shots of two beautiful airports, one close to the arctic and the other one in the tropic.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Very good pictures!  Where did you get that Zeplin?  That's great for exploring scenery.

• Like 1

John, Michael, Ed, Robert: Appreciated the kind comments, and especially you folks catching this post on the New Year's Eve...🙂....while we still wait here, other parts of the world are already celebrating....!

[And, Robert: Thanks for the curiosity. It has been always in my Archive since about 4-5 years ago, even before my (long) break from FSX/SE...I noticed today that the file must be "zepntfsx10.zip" (e.g. on flightsim.com). But, you can probably find one for P3D for yourself (at least a "blimp" model if not a "Zeppelin NT"). Yes, agree, with a basic autopilot, it's pretty good for VFR like this. Good-luck and all the best!]

• Like 1

***HNY*** Splendid Set***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick