Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

38 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Other interesting facts from this episode are that there will be no realistic Hughes H4, B-36, B-47, B-52, XB-70 etc. possible, since the maximum number of engines is still four. 

Additional failures like turbo charger failures will be possible.

Were there any new vars in the list at all? If there were new ones in the list yet the engine stuff remained unchanged, I can see being disappointed. But if the entire list simply looks identical to the old list, then I'd seriously consider the possibility that what we saw is just the legacy stuff they said they'd keep for backward compatibility. Given the extensive fundamental changes made to the FDE (1,000+ surfaces, etc), I'm skeptical that they'd keep all the old limitations.

Nevertheless, with the SDK release imminent we'll likely know for sure soon. And I'm buoyed by the fact that the devs seem open to pretty much any request for functionality. If 4 engines really is the present limit, I'm sure we can convince them to make it 10. Or even have jets and turboprop engines on the same airplane, since you mentioned the B-36. Maybe even jets and rockets since you mentioned the B-47.

If we were talking about ACES, I'd be worried. But with Asobo, I'm at ease. #speakmytruth

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

OMG they quoted me  😄😄 😄 😄😄 😄

Thats funny but disappointed I didnt hear these sleeping bears. Video time stamp? 🤣😉

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

We'd be bored for ten years if everything was perfect at release. And yet here we are at the alpha stage.

Think of flight simulator 2020 as a new platform with a lot of potential, and a lot of possibilities for the next 10 years. Whether it's in places where the autogen would leave a lot to be desired, or on the aircraft, etc...

example of Dubai where the autogen is perfectible (google map perfectible in this area, so it's not only bing lack of data), well, it will be a challenge for a third party developer, who knows this region well, to propose the corrections. But these corrections will be well enhanced by the physics and light engine, the colors, of flight simulator 2020.

I think ASOBO's job is to perfect the engine, for example the rendering of the coastal limits. But not to correct each bing map, which will be automatically corrected over time or replaced by third-party content in some areas.

and for the sound is the same. So the engine handles bounce, attenuation, and a lot of other physical parameters. It's up to the third party developers to fill the library.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 1

On the Development Roadmap for the 16th was a Partnership Update! Did I miss something? Or am I wrong? Of course I am very happy for what we got 🙂 Very!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

40 minutes ago, in2tech said:

On the Development Roadmap for the 16th was a Partnership Update! Did I miss something? Or am I wrong? Of course I am very happy for what we got 🙂 Very!

And for the 23rd, SDK and media updates were scheduled, so it appears that those were swapped around. Unless the schedule changes again, on the 23rd we will probably get:

• Partnership Announcement Series update
  • Feedback Snapshot V2 (Insider Preview)

Most impressed by

• raise of wave height with increasing wind speed
  • ambience sound
  • distinctive sounds for different landings (really great feature)

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 minutes ago, boeingcorp said:

has anybody heard anything third party venders like PMDG?

They've said they're pivoting all of their development to MSFS now. They have a 737 in the works that will release exclusively for MSFS.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

with the announcement of the release from Microsoft with there there new flight simulator i am sure software developers are very happy with the new simulator there going to make a lot of money with there software sales, i wonder if any will be planes will be released at the time of the MSFS official release, as of for me i couldn't get into XP11 anymore and removed it from my computer sitting here with no simulator on my newly built computer just looking at a occasional picture or video of the new simulator maybe today will be the day for a magic golden ticket for the testing program, fingers crossed

Every incredible video and every technical update gives me great hope that Microsoft's new motto is "Failure is not an option"...

Domkle:  Ever see the movie, "Dances with Wolves"?  

2 hours ago, Noodle said:

Were there any new vars in the list at all? If there were new ones in the list yet the engine stuff remained unchanged, I can see being disappointed. But if the entire list simply looks identical to the old list...

I'm relieved, the turbocharger failed state is already available since (at least) FSX 🙂