Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

51 minutes ago, martin-w said:

The developer has conformed that you will get the full experience without the need for a subscription. 

You get the cloud data without a subscription. Subscription is purely for Game Pass, if you want access to all of the other games. 

How many times are we going to have to debunk this paranoia?

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 minutes ago, KBUR said:

Well, the following is no joke :  I've already ditched my P3Dv4 AND X-Plane11 in the favour of my "old" FSX:Steam Edition two weeks ago.  FSX:SE (and AeroflyFS2 occasionally) is my main civilian flight sim again.

....... now I've to leave for a next and interesting "Flour Bomb Mission", for my next "Reno Air Race" (want to improve my time), for a "F-16 HAVCAP" mission (Aerosoft's great F-16 missions package), for exploring some wildlife in Africa - now surrounded by ORBX's great and brand new Africa OpenLC scenery, and....etc, etc, etc...:biggrin:.

All the best,

Konrad.

The future is becoming clear. The future is....FSX? :blink:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

The future is becoming clear. The future is....FSX? :blink:

Hi Ron :smile: !

Well, FSX still has some future in a certain way: as long as developers are continuing to develop for FSX (and there are still many out there), as long it will have future.

A good example is Steve Parson with his DX10 Scenery Fixer: with this addon someone can have nice cloud shadows over land and sea in FSX too - so yea, it's an improvement.

But what I really wanted to say essentially:

" If Microsoft/Asobo play their cards right, if they don't try to invent the wheel for new, but if they will come along with a really improved new flight sim - built up on the funtamentals of its very successful and venerable precedessor FSX - in balance of the same concept of tuition, free flight mode and game play , they'll win the race for sure."

....and a readily accessible SDK for third party developers of course.

And many flight simmers who have lost their interest in flight simming over the last years - lost because of tediousness, dullness and the lack of content in X-Plane and P3D, will come back as happy customers to Microsofts new baby,  FS2020  👍 .

Happy flying to all of you.

Edited by KBUR
Sorry, my school English is not enough :(
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, n4gix said:

Yes, it is pretty clear to me now, that there will be a subscription but only to get more than 50 aircraft around you in MP and also to access sloped runways (maybe a small extra cost if you want them undulated too). They have not yet settled if the price will be proportional to the size of trees though.

Did I get everything right to sum up 10 months of forum ?

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, domkle said:

Yes, it is pretty clear to me now, that there will be a subscription but only to get more than 50 aircraft around you in MP and also to access sloped runways (maybe a small extra cost if you want them undulated too). They have not yet settled if the price will be proportional to the size of trees though.

I think you forgot that the subscription will be double if you want VR (One for each eye), but of course we're not to mention VR in this forum.

p.s. 😁

• Like 4

Ian Box

I'm ditching X-Plane11. It takes too much space in my hard drive with all the photoreal scenery and to be honest I lost interested as soon as I saw the new MSFS2020. I enjoyed a lot X-Plane11 and all the free addons but I feel I need something that is up to graphic standards in 2020. That's why I'm keeping Aerofly FS2. At least that one offers a great experience in VR and -until now- amazing graphics. But those poor guys took a lot of time to develop new features and now they are going to be eaten by this new sim.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2020 at 10:25 AM, domkle said:

Ugly. I couldn't and gave up. I really think about uninstalling P3D... 

I haven't uninstalled P3D yet but I do have a hard time flying in it since the new MFS has been revealed.  Every time I boot it up I just wince at how bad it looks compared to MFS.  Thankfully I love the way my A2A planes fly, but my time with P3D is most certainly drawing to an end.

19 hours ago, n4gix said:

When is the release of MSFS?

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

19 minutes ago, Mengy said:

I haven't uninstalled P3D yet but I do have a hard time flying in it since the new MFS has been revealed.  Every time I boot it up I just wince at how bad it looks compared to MFS.  Thankfully I love the way my A2A planes fly, but my time with P3D is most certainly drawing to an end.

Funny thing, every time I boot up P3D I marvel at how good it looks.  Of course I'm avoiding areas that I know are ugly. 🙂  I expect MSFS to look even better.

As for the A2A aircraft, I love them too.  I've discovered that having a good aircraft is more important than having attractive scenery.  It won't matter what you're flying over if the aircraft is sub-par.  

My time with P3D will draw to an end some time after MSFS replaces it.  I'm still flying a few hours every day.  And currently the free A2A P-40 is making me work hard enough just flying it that I don't have a lot of time to look at the scenery. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 hours ago, Beru said:

I'm ditching X-Plane11. It takes too much space in my hard drive with all the photoreal scenery and to be honest I lost interested as soon as I saw the new MSFS2020. I enjoyed a lot X-Plane11 and all the free addons but I feel I need something that is up to graphic standards in 2020. That's why I'm keeping Aerofly FS2. At least that one offers a great experience in VR and -until now- amazing graphics. But those poor guys took a lot of time to develop new features and now they are going to be eaten by this new sim.

I was going to uninstall P3D and XPlane 11 but I can't bear to part with my FlyJsim 727 and Leonardo MaddogX.

Can you imagine though a bare metal Eastern or AA 727 in the new sim with that lighting? 😎

Edited by skully

On 3/29/2020 at 10:39 PM, martin-w said:

The developer has conformed that you will get the full experience without the need for a subscription. 

You get the cloud data without a subscription. Subscription is purely for Game Pass, if you want access to all of the other games. 

I don't want to argue about anything, I'm just pointing out that is not exactly what developers confirmed, as far as I could read; they said you *could* run it without a subscription, no more (again, AFAIK). 

My point is, that to allow the kind of access you'll need to run it in best detail shown in promo material is technically demanding, thus pricy and thus IMHO not economically possible to offer for free (apart from some promo content or with a quota). In this world we don't really get stuff for free... One way or another, we pay for it. 

10 hours ago, Oak said:

I don't want to argue about anything, I'm just pointing out that is not exactly what developers confirmed, as far as I could read; they said you *could* run it without a subscription, no more (again, AFAIK). 

My point is, that to allow the kind of access you'll need to run it in best detail shown in promo material is technically demanding, thus pricy and thus IMHO not economically possible to offer for free (apart from some promo content or with a quota). In this world we don't really get stuff for free... One way or another, we pay for it. 

I know what your point is. This has been debated here numerous times.

Here is the article...

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/tecnologia/hablan-creadores-del-flight-simulator-2020-nid2318927

-How are they going to market it? Will it be a monthly fee, like Netflix, or will it have a single price?

-We don't have all the details yet, but what I can tell you now is that there will definitely be a way to buy the simulator like any other simulator before. But it will also become part of the Xbox and PC Game Pass subscription plan, which gives access to 100 games for those platforms. So there will be two ways to get the FS2020 . What there is not going to be is a subscription plan only for the FS2020 .

-If I want to have access to the maps and all the features, do I have to use the Game Pass model?

-No.

-What then is the difference between the two marketing models?

-The subscription is for those who want to have access to other games for Xbox or PC.

-Suppose I just want the simulator. If I buy nothing but the FS2020, do I also have access to streaming maps and other features?

-Exact.

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2020 at 2:17 AM, domkle said:

The subscription is ONLY----> for if you want elevator 'Muzak' piped into your cabin....other than that...you are good...

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

-If I want to have access to the maps and all the features, do I have to use the Game Pass model?

-No.

Does not say

-If I want to have access to the maps and all the features, will I have to pay a subscription?

-No.

However much you wish it did. Gamepass is not the only subscription in the zoo.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Conspiracy theories and spreading disinformation intentionally grows tiresome.