Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Skunk Works G-91 Installation Running in DEMO mode

Thank you Gabshall. I do have the latest key installer (SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe), the security settings were OK, but I did not have UAC off. Unfortunately, after turning UAC off and reinstalling, I still have the DEMO mode.

I do appreciate your help though.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 hours ago, CB_Pilot said:

Perhaps not clear, as you say, but to be fair it is in the order confirmation email from simMarket - near the end, but it is there.

"Recall that most of our products are split in 2 installers, one containing core files and other containing textures and liveries. The installer containing textures for G91 can be freely downloaded from here:.........."

Not trying to be smart - just in case anyone else has the same issue and then reads this - trying to be helpful.

Must admit mia culpa I did not read that simMarket confirmation order email. But then again I rarely ever do, as most of it is the usual blah-blah-blah......🤣

flyblueskies

The file that gets added by the key installer is called SSW_G91.dll. It should be in the modules folder of SSW-G91-RX-PAN. 

Edited by Gabshall

Mine is dated 5/3/2019

FrEoqIC.jpg

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Seems like a possible cause. Mine is dated 01-04-2020. Perhaps the file wasn't overwritten by the reissued key installer. If you delete the dll and run the key again does it change the date?

No, it does not. I have done this quite a few times. Ok, I've downloaded the SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe from the Skunk Works website. It does install the dll with the same date as yours. I'll give this a try and let you know.

Edited by flyblueskies

Well, it appears that was it.

gqQFTep.jpg

I hope it is OK to post the correct link to the correct keyless program: http://www.simskunkworks.it/files/SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe

The one up on Simmarket, while labeled the same name, installs the wrong version.

The link above solved my problem.

Thanks for all your help Gabshall!

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

Well, it appears that was it.

gqQFTep.jpg

I hope it is OK to post the correct link to the correct keyless program: http://www.simskunkworks.it/files/SSW-keyless-installer-unified-v1.0.2.exe

The one up on Simmarket, while labeled the same name, installs the wrong version.

The link above solved my problem.

Thanks for all your help Gabshall!

Thanks fro that, because I got informed by simMarket and so downloaded their version and had the same issues as you had re: that .dll.

And likewise, many thanks Gabshall for your assistance here rather than vapid comments seen elsewhere!

• Like 1

You guys made my day! Thank you so much. So many users seem to make everything right - but failed! No hopefully everybody can enjoy this great bird....

I'm at SimMarket right now, logged in and see no free Skunkworks planes listed as free all are averaged at $10.00. Did I miss it 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

17 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

I'm at SimMarket right now, logged in and see no free Skunkworks planes listed as free all are averaged at $10.00. Did I miss it 

Unfortunately yes...it was a one day freebie...

thanks for clearing that up, flyblueskies.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

58 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

thanks for clearing that up, flyblueskies.

You're welcome. If it's still at ~$10.00, that's still a good price. I think Just Flight sells it for ~$35.

There is a statement on their News page which is somewhat surprising: "2) removal of copyright on our products, so that you will be allowed to legally and freely copy and distribute our products with your friends".

Yet they ask for continued support in buying their products. Not entirely sure what to make of it.