Sign in to follow this  
Bilbosmeggins

Reverb G2 ordered. Buy MSFS via Steam or direct?

I’m tempted to order MSFS via Steam, but will this add an extra layer of software for me to have to use to enable VR. I’ve always had Oculus up until now, and am unfamiliar with WMR devices, and the associated interface. Given that the Reverb has the MS seal of approval, I’m wondering if it will be more resource friendly if I can keep Steam out of the equation? Hoping the above makes sense, lol.

• Upvote 2

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

As it loads via a Launcher I'm pretty sure that will natively use WMR, seeing as support for other devices comes later then that kind of suggests it won't run through SteamVR when opened in Steam (otherwise a lot more headsets would've been made available at VR launch but they've stated WMR only), that's my take on it anyway.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Thanks Marc.  I think I’ll wait until VR support has been added before I actually purchase, as I don’t think I can bring myself to play “flat”, the more I think about it.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

I had the same dilemma and i bough directly from Microsoft store no regrets everything worked out smooth. Installed how i wanted and where I wanted. I too didnt think i could go back to flat screen but it is pretty impressive worth a try IMO get familiar with it time comes when VR is here it won't be all new for you.

Thanks Andy. I actually bought it on day 1 direct from Microsoft. I’ve been using it a fair bit, and am very impressed so far.  Still waiting to see how easily the G2 integrates via WMR though. That’s my biggest concern. Oh, and whether my pc will cope 🤣

Edited by Bilbosmeggins