Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andreas Stangenes

How do you turn off mouse-over tooltips?

2 minutes ago, Ruccoa said:

this is for the traffic nameplates, so if you already have those turned off it wouldn't do anything. The github I linked is for a pack of mods, one of those is for the tooltips The one you're talking about is the traffic/multiplayer nameplates

Ah, traffic labels, got it. Thanks!

Al

11 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I just wish they were smaller!

You can make them smaller by changing the UI scale in Accessability.  However, to get them close to a usable size, your UI text gets really small.

12 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I just wish they were smaller!

I use the smaller more transparent ones from

They work great.

James

Wasn’t this planned to be done on the imminent Patch 5? That should possibly be launched before this weekend.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I have been using the 'transparent tooltips' mod described below, but they no longer seem to work, at least for me. I'm not sure if this started a while back, or just with the recent World Update. As far as I know, this tooltip Community folder mod has not been updated since last Oct.

Does anyone have the transparent tooltips working since the last update?

Thanks,

Al

On 10/29/2020 at 10:20 AM, Phantoms said:

I use the smaller more transparent ones from

They work great.

It started with the last update (WU4). Unfortunate really as it was a nice comprimise bewteen the way they currently are or getting rid of them altogether.

James

44 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

It started with the last update (WU4). Unfortunate really as it was a nice compromise between the way they currently are or getting rid of them altogether.

Yes, I agree, very unfortunate. Thanks for the info.

Al

I put in a message to the author but it looks like he hasn't been on there in a couple months.

James

On 4/14/2021 at 3:50 AM, ark said:

Does anyone have the transparent tooltips working since the last update?

It was an 'orrible shock to see those back again. The mugz hidden tooltips (which I assume is the one you're speaking of) stopped working immediately so I disabled tooltip all together.

I've rather gotten over tooltips in any shape or form so no real loss.

Different puppets...Same strings!

I just wish they were smaller and less obtrusive... 

The size of them in P3D is Perfect but these ginomant ones in MSFS are obviously geared toward visibility on consoles!

Chris Camp

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.