Sign in to follow this  
erick

Is it possible to map a cockpit view zoom axis?

Hi there

I am using my trackIR and its working great. The only thing that's giving me trouble is trying to map a cockpit "zoom" view axis on my TM warthog throttle quadrant slider.

I currently have "zoom" using the mouse scroll wheel, but it's a bit cumbersome. What I'd like to have (just like I have it in DCS) is my zoom mapped to a slider on my hotas, which is fantastic in combination with trackIR.

In the control settings, I can find "cockpit zoom increase/decrease" but it is 100% or 0% and there is no axis zoom to be found. Any ideas??

Thanks and since this is my first post since the introduction of FS2020, may I just say "Wow!"    *its not perfect yet but this sim is setting itself up to be a very special thing for years to come!

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

Yeah

I miss that also. I use a  zoom axis with track IR in DCS and it is a very good combination. It looks like to me zoom in and zoom out are separate commands only. Also I cannot adjust the speed of zoom in and out and its to coarse to use.

Reagards

denwagg

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, erick said:

In the control settings, I can find "cockpit zoom increase/decrease" but it is 100% or 0% and there is no axis zoom to be found. Any ideas??

I think you will have to map it to buttons, as I haven't seen a zoom axis. 

20 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

Also I cannot adjust the speed of zoom in and out and its to coarse to use.

You can adjust the zoom scaler in the camera options to make it more manageable I think...not at my sim right now, but I'm pretty sure I saw this when I was adjusting the pan speed for the camera for my hat switch.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Thanks

I will look for that

Regards

Denwagg

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2