Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

Not seeing any traffic....

Its just dawned on me I'm not seeing any air traffic in the sim.  

I have Air traffic set to LIVE - the tool tips says "this is based on live data" so I would expect quite a bit parked up at EGLL for example but zilch,

I have made sure all the traffic settings are on the Options menus

I have tried turning on multiplayer (hoping to see real people flying about) but not seen any, I put this down to "maybe other people aren't flying where I am" - mainly UK.

Have I missed a potential setting or is this broke?

Thomas Derbyshire

Did you try other busy airports?  There is a setting for static parked traffic under traffic in the menu.  Make sure it's up at least to 50.   But as for live air traffic I haven't seen much of anything either. I did see one jet take-off at KSFO but there should be hundreds of flights in the air and on the ground (or at least more than 1).  My guess is that the sim is still a work in progress and possibly not completely working as intended.

Edited by Isaiah53six
added more information

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

17 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I have Air traffic set to LIVE - the tool tips says "this is based on live data" so I would expect quite a bit parked up at EGLL for example but zilch,

I have tried turning on multiplayer (hoping to see real people flying about) but not seen any, I put this down to "maybe other people aren't flying where I am" - mainly UK.

Just regarding the last point, have you turned on the label name thingy for people who are online? You won't see them unless you do really.

I've flown a lot around the Bristol (home city) - the South west and London - there are tons of people online 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

This is my settings

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Obviously this is to drive live traffic, even if I select Multiplayer I don't see other people either....stumped.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

13 minutes ago, FlightSimmer Pete said:

Would this not be due to the pandemic?

Not according to Flight Radar 24 right now over EGLL, granted it usually much busier but there are planes in the sky

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

Live traffic usually pop up around busy big airports (in US)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Live traffic/AI dont work. same whit ACT and ingame add-ons!

Edited by hrflikk

So I turned all the options off the the Data tab and back in again and this kind of worked.  I loaded up at EGLL and saw a lot of people in multiplayer.  I then checked Flight Radar 24 at KLAX and there was Planes everywhere so I loaded up switched off the multiplayer and think I saw 1 plane at a gate and 1 in the sky - yep I think this is broke at the minute.  Bit of a shame because more aircraft buzzing about would definitely increase the realism factor.

Thomas Derbyshire

Seems to be just the same as Live Weather and Azure ATC, anything that is streaming is either being overloaded or isn't quite sorted out just yet.

Edited by DPSimulation
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Isaiah53six said:

Did you try other busy airports?  There is a setting for static parked traffic under traffic in the menu.  Make sure it's up at least to 50.   But as for live air traffic I haven't seen much of anything either. I did see one jet take-off at KSFO but there should be hundreds of flights in the air and on the ground (or at least more than 1).  My guess is that the sim is still a work in progress and possibly not completely working as intended.

11 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Just regarding the last point, have you turned on the label name thingy for people who are online? You won't see them unless you do really.

I've flown a lot around the Bristol (home city) - the South west and London - there are tons of people online 

I flew from Bristol last night in game following a friends flight they were doing irl. The live information was spotty at best. There was certainly arrivals and departures listed - but my friends wasn’t listed. His was an easyJet flight to turkey. I was chatting with him up until pushback and nothing ever appeared.

so I’d say, it’s working, but not fully working. 

• Upvote 1

As of yesterday I am having similar multiplayer issues. For my friend I always show up offline, even when we are flying together in a group and we can see each other! Until either me or him disappears for a long time either for one of us or both only to reappear later. Now I cannot see any live traffic. Its so bugged I am beginning to regret spending $1 for the gamepass 😞