Sign in to follow this  
Guest CyberOps

Traffic Builder SDK

Hi there.the SDK Traffic Builder is an excellent tool for creating instant AI traffic bgls for those who do not care for real life flight schedule realism. Well, I would like to know if the FSX's SDK version has an option in its config file about letting the builder know which country the aircraft are from.In the FS9's version the builder would create traffic but the problem was that aircaft departing from a country outside the US would still hold a Nxxxxx tail number. To get around that Traffic Tools and a renamer tool was required to recompile the whole traffic with proper random tail assignment based on the route's departure country.Another annoying thing is that the builder cannot distinguish airlines. So if a B737 from American Airlines is inserted in the list the builder would simply assign it to fly the whole world. This feature is only OK when the list has widebodies and common small aircraft flown worldwide.I just know so far that an enhancement has been made in the FSX SDK that now it is possible to assign the correct tail number with the correct country. I would like to know if now the builder knows not only the correct tail number but to properly generate flights from airliners in their respective countries. (B737 from AA only in America, JAL B737 only around Japan etc).

There is a file for localized registrations in the TDB for FSX folder.But there is no way it's going to know which airline has which aircraft.It also has 10% of the US aircraft registrations wrong. N with zero as the first number is common, and we all know that is an illegal registration number in the US.If you are generating custom traffic files, like real airlines, the countries_regions.csv must be included in the command line - even if you have assigned registration numbers to each aircraft already.

I have all three payware traffic programs - and do use some from each.However, the main reason I have them is to test AFCAD files. You can't build a quality AFCAD without knowing what traffic will be there in my opinion.For my personal flying, I use Ultimate Traffic as a base - but I use free packages from World of AI, Project AI, Ultimate GA along with a lot of airlines which I've installed manually. About 30% of my traffic is Ultimate GA - the rest freeware.

Guest CyberOps

I use MyTraffic X and it works great, the game does take a minute longer to start up but what you get back is a lot more AI traffic and faster frame rates as it doesn't take as much FPS as the default AI does. It's definatly something to recommend if you really want some AI traffic in your game.