Sign in to follow this  
MikeyOnTheFlightDeck

VATSIM vs IVAO

I can appreciate your viewpoint Ryan, but being handed off to 3 Centers and the same person wasn’t impressive.

I do agree that not having full coverage isn’t great, but alternating between VATSIM and IVAO with quiet cruise is sufficient for me.

Horses for courses.

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

9 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Whould you hapmen to know wich network is the more populated by VFR traffic? Thank you

I don’t, but VATSIM does have a bit of VFR traffic depending on the time and place.

I use both. Europe IVAO and NA  Vatsim

First I check who is controlling and decide which one to fire up.

Great tools for ATC flying.  Don't use the built in ATC at all

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

so it's not super unusual to hear one voice over multiple freqs

Ever heard of Voice Changer apps? 😄

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, wan2fly99 said:

I use both. Europe IVAO and NA  Vatsim

First I check who is controlling and decide which one to fire up.

Great tools for ATC flying.  Don't use the built in ATC at all

Im running a low specs system, have you noticed a fps hit larger than the other? (depending on wether you use ivao or vatsim) 

Thank you

I have not tried im MSFS2020 yet     stilll have FS9  but my son has MSFS2020 and been just trying out

Next will see how it conencts

On 10/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, ryanbatcund said:

One more note...  when I worked at Duluth, you'd hear me working approach, tower, and ground late in the evenings... so it's not super unusual to hear one voice over multiple freqs

No, but you probably wouldn't have done a "handoff" to yourself on another frequency.  More likely you would have said, "N123, switch to my frequency 118.55".

In my opinion, I'd say that VATSIM is a lot better in terms of virtual ATC. IVAO has a easy pilot client user interface but the people on VATSIM are all very nice people. They really understand that you'll have difficulties if you're a beginner when speaking to ATC. 

On 10/24/2020 at 1:12 PM, cavaricooper said:

I’ve departed VATSIM, arrived IVAO and vice versa many times. Why not use both? They both have good, great and exceptional controllers and I love the localized procedures and accents. Plus they are FREE.

I’ve heard the same lady controlling after each of 4 handoffs on Pilot Edge... meh.

C

Valid point. But they also get paid to staff positions. Its like when I depart out of T67 and contact Mecham north satellite (D10) on 118.1 and they are the same controller most days.

I have used both pre-MSFS.

After MSFS I only use VATSIM because the IVAO SW gave me hell in MSFS with CTD events.
So, for now IVAO is on time-out for me.
I suspect this is probably resolved with later versions of the IVAO SW but I have no reason to install more stuff in MSFS.

I have seen comments about VFR in this thread. I have flown VFR in both networks several times and they both  support VFR ATC service quite well. Maybe I'm missing something on this matter.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K