Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Copilot

The copilot in MSFS needs to take flying lessons....The last two times the copilot landed the plane (Citation Jet), it missed the runway and crashed....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paul said:

The copilot in MSFS needs to take flying lessons....The last two times the copilot landed the plane (Citation Jet), it missed the runway and crashed....

The CJ was clearly never tested. It has needed numerous tweaks (see other thread) and flying with the AI results in nosedives regularly and flying into mountains. Total waste.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I had the Co-pilot taxi out to the runway for me which he did, except he didnt stop, he continued taxing out of the airfield and was heading for the township before I intervened.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FlightSimmer Pete said:

I had the Co-pilot taxi out to the runway for me which he did, except he didnt stop, he continued taxing out of the airfield and was heading for the township before I intervened.

Yup, he/she is about as clever as the AI airport service ground vehicles that aimlessly drive around on taxiways, always cutting right in front of you, or running into you while parked in the bay.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

A reposted video, but this is my co-pilots attempt at departing from Toncontin. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the funeral.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I engaged "Otto" once in a Citation during a climbout of KSEA for KSLC.  Everything was great, he was following the route, nice ascent profile.  I had to visit the "necessary" so I left him in charge.  

I returned 5 minutes later to the annunciator screaming at me about overspeed 3 seconds before Otto turned us both into red mist somewhere high above the Cascades. 

Since that time, he handles the radio and maybe a taxi or two, but he's also killed us taxiing by hitting another plane 30ft away from us on the tarmac.  His situational awareness leaves a lot to be desired.

• Like 2

Otto is normally an excellent pilot but unfortunately is currently suffering from narcolepsy and acrophobia.

Good base to test the AI is the TBM. It seems to work best and is the only plane so far have been able to run an entire flight (albeit with ITT overtemps).

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Forgive me for using this thread instead of starting a new one, but is there a setting in one of the .cfg files that would allow us to see our copilot while flying the plane? I can see my copilot from external and drone cameras, and I can even see my copilot (and myself) if I move my drone inside the plane, as long as I'm way in the back seat. As I move my camera forward, the 3D avatars both vanish. This makes me think there is a way to keep these avatars "active" by setting this "vanish range" to very low. I don't need to see myself, but it would be nice to see the copilot next to me. This would be even more immersive should I use the copilot AI function that this thread is all about.