Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

I tried a flight with the Carenado Ovation tonight. Loaded a flight plan and the Instruments went dead instantly. This bug seems to be caused by loading a flight plan. I exited and restarted a flight again this time with no flight plan loaded and it worked fine. Can anyone replicate this. 

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

6 minutes ago, RW1 said:

I tried a flight with the Carenado Ovation tonight. Loaded a flight plan and the Instruments went dead instantly. This bug seems to be caused by loading a flight plan. I exited and restarted a flight again this time with no flight plan loaded and it worked fine. Can anyone replicate this. 

Happended with no flight plan loaded here. 

vote it up at the forums so the devs take note:-

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/black-avionics-screens-after-update/273751/165

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Carenado M20, Wycombe Air Park to Edinburgh this afternoon.

On AP, avionics quit about half way in.

T45

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

I have it disabled.

I have to leave it enabled as the fps counter keeps coming back when I exit developer mode,very strange

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

We know it happens. It's just on some systems and that's why it will take some time to sort out.

Happened to me a few times the other day then didn't happen at all yesterday so it is a thing there is something that triggers it

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Happend for me in the A320.  Took off from EIDW sightseeing over Dublin and after 5 minutes PFD shuts off.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

There is definitely something up with the avionics at least in the A320.  I've done a few flights in the TBM with no issue.  Just took off from KSMF to do a loop and land, 2 minutes after airborn (no issues taxiing, takeoff) and every other minute the PFD shuts off, and all the lighting resets to off.  I'm running the Flybywire with the latest dev build that fixes the APU.  Thankfully I've been able to just turn all the lights back up. When you turn the PFD up it gives that "40 second self test" message for about 5 seconds.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Just to update my previous post.  Not sure what causes that shutoff, but after it did it twice, it behaved for the next 15 minutes until I landed.  Soooooooo strange.  Think I'm definitely sticking to the TBM for now, maybe check out the Longitude and see if it has any issues like that.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Same here, this update made the already terrible arcade CJ4 unusable for me. 1) Got the avionics bug, shutting down my AP on final. 2) Even worst, the autopilot immediately chases the altitude pre-select bug, even when the ap is alt capped! This is ridiculous. No mods, tested on 2 computers and a friend reported the same behavior. I cancelled my gamepass renewal for October, not really in the mood for more gimmicks.

I just removed all  of my mods from the community folder and my G1000 MFD is working now. Looks like I'm back in business.

This is something that I was afraid of with the mods.  As soon as the sim is updated things modded will break.

My biggest gripe and really the only problem I've had consistently is the trim issue with Autopilot. It's spread across all planes and it pretty much renders the entire AP system useless. Even if you just want to use the NAV or HDG and not even touch ALT HOLD, FLC or VS.... engaging AP instantly trims elevator to one extreme or the other for no known reason.

The WORST part of it? It happens randomly. It could be working perfectly and then at any random point in time, boom... MAX TRIM. Adding to the Worst.... it happens on some days and some days I get no issues. I'm SO SO SO CONFUSED. 

So for now I'm using MSFS for the challenges, landings, sight seeing, goofing around etc. I just can't keep wasting my OnAir time/losing rep and credits on MSFS until they fix autopilot. I did 200 hours on original release and ever since 2nd update, the AP thing has just gotten worse. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to ball up and redownload the dang thing.

Edited by n19htmare

Such a strange error, happened a couple of days ago in the c172 and in the last 2 days I have flown 2 long flights on the autopilot, and can't reproduce it

Wayne such

11 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Such a strange error, happened a couple of days ago in the c172 and in the last 2 days I have flown 2 long flights on the autopilot, and can't reproduce it

This is definitely weird.  So, I just flew that same flight as earlier in the A320, the little 40nm circuit around KSMF.  This time I did it in the Longitude.  About the same point in the flight twice in a row I had an "issue" with the avionics screens.  However, not quite the same as the A320.  Nothing shut off, but the screens all dimmed by about 50% and I had to turn them up.  Each time you could hear the clicking like when you turn the brightness knob for the display.  This definitely can't be the "oh the mouse must have been over a dial and you moved it while zooming" however as you can't do that to more than one at a time and there's like 4-5 in the Longitude (and similarly in the A320).  After those two incidents, again everything was fine other than my ability to actually fly the plane for a landing but that's more likely pilot error (unfamiliar and there's no checklists past starting it).