Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

21 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Have you tried the temporary fix of turning Ground Aircraft Density to 0?

Yup, doesn’t work. Others in the official forums confirming it doesn’t work now too. 

I've just suffered the avionics shut-off error for the first time. Flying from Toronto City to Niagara Int (in the JMB), my screens went blank just as I reached the Falls, and a couple of minutes later, my engine also cut out, even though I still had about 25% fuel. I couldn't switch the avionics back on, but a small 'in-flight refuel' kicked the engines back in. Hope this is fixed soon.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

12 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I've just suffered the avionics shut-off error for the first time. Flying from Toronto City to Niagara Int (in the JMB), my screens went blank just as I reached the Falls, and a couple of minutes later, my engine also cut out, even though I still had about 25% fuel. I couldn't switch the avionics back on, but a small 'in-flight refuel' kicked the engines back in. Hope this is fixed soon.

Very soon, because it’s actually unplayable at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Very soon, because it’s actually unplayable at the moment. 

As I say, first time I've experienced it (currently at 95 flight hours), though of course it happened on the very next flight - the difference being I started at a nearby airport to where I'd finished the previous flight, this time in the King Air, and the central screen was blank whilst the left and right pilots' screen were fine! I hadn't restarted the sim between flights, simply exited to the flight selection screen, so maybe that's why it occurred on consecutive flights (and with the fault already present from the very beginning).

So it's far from unplayable from my perspective, so far anyway.🤞

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

TBM is the only plane the avionics work for me.

48 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

It it works flawlessly!

1 hour ago, Todd2 said:

1 hour ago, Doering said:

It it works flawlessly!

Yeah thank goodness something is flyable.  It's been one of my favorite planes so far due to its speed and short runway capability combined, but we still need some working jets/airliners for the longer trips.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

37 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Yeah thank goodness something is flyable.  It's been one of my favorite planes so far due to its speed and short runway capability combined, but we still need some working jets/airliners for the longer trips.

I like the TBM alot but I want to fly thr Mooney I just paid 30 bucks for 😆.  Hate seeing it with the avionics out.

2 hours ago, Todd2 said:

I liked it so well I purchased the  Hotstart TBM for Xplane. What a beauty that is and all the systems are highly modeled. After flying it, that MSFS 930 is a tinker toy.

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I liked it so well I purchased the  Hotstart TBM for Xplane. What a beauty that is and all the systems are highly modeled. After flying it, that MSFS 930 is a tinker toy.

I like Tinker Toys lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

I like Tinker Toys lol

Figure many here wouldn't know what a Tinker toy even was.

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I think there's a bunch of us older folks haha.

23 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

20 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

I think there's a bunch of us older folks haha.

I'm old enough that mine had red sticks and wooden spools. 😄 

The different sticks were denoted by a number of dots on the plans which corresponded to the length of the stick in inches.  I didn't realize this until many years later but it left me with the ability to instantly and accurately estimate small distances of from one to four inches.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Was in a flight with flightplan created between Florida and Michigan.  45 minutes into the flight, the 172 glass G1000 autopilot went crazy...took me up at a 45 degree climb to stall...and I turned off the AP, and recovered. I then re-engaged the AP...and again the plane went out of total control This is word-not-allowed!   The one main true difference between MSFS and P3D, XP11, and FSX...is that you can in any of them,  select your plane...and do a cross country flight...and get there....

...Microsoft's new MSFS....bring a bible...and say a few prayers, the aircraft doesn't succeed in killing you....

That's a  stand-out difference, that comes easily to my mind...

Microsoft's latest flight sim, should really be called for accuracy....MacroBug MSFS 2020.   Yep...that would truly title its current state.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

took me up at a 45 degree climb to stall...and I turned off the AP, and recovered. I then re-engaged the AP...and again the plane went out of total control

Yep, been there, done that, somehow survived to collect my t-shirt. More than once.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor