Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

My MFD has quit working on every aircraft with the G1000, since I updated.

Do you have our G1000 mod?   If so, that needed a quick update to work with 1.8.3 or something like that would happen:  black map on the MFD.

If so you  can get an updated version here.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I'm one of the lucky ones who has not experienced this problem (yet), btw, I have not touched any files or installed any mods.

Same as you, no mods, liveries, or file tweeks and have not experienced any such issues.  

it’s obviously an issue for some, and hopefully they can get to the bottom of it if in fact it is a bug and not self-inflicted.

Edited by FrankR409

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

6 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

it’s obviously an issue for some, and hopefully they can get to the bottom of it if in fact it is a bug and not self-inflicted.

Self-inflicted or not, this issue needs a fix, even if we ignore the current sufferers, a fix is required in order to stop the entire community from catching the bug. Hopefully, for all of us, the fix is just round the corner.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

9 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Self-inflicted or not, this issue needs a fix, even if we ignore the current sufferers, a fix is required in order to stop the entire community from catching the bug. Hopefully, for all of us, the fix is just round the corner.

Tony

Just appreciate that if mods or file changes being made the end user are the culprit, and I hope not, then Asobo isn’t going to likely find it.   

Edited by FrankR409
  • Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

FrankR409,

Too true mate. If this is, in fact, self inflicted, the community input is going to be invaluable.  Let us all reflect on the fact, that this is a prime purpose of the forums in the first place.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

19 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Just appreciate that if mods or file changes being made the end user are the culprit, and I hope not, then Asobo isn’t going to likely find it.  

Yet some people reporting it say no mods are involved at all.

It staggers me how many here try to paint everything as a user fault. I do appreciate that it often can be the case but not always.

Just now, DPSimulation said:

It staggers me how many here try to paint everything as a user fault. I do appreciate that it often can be the case but not always.

It is too bad that others would insinuate that it is a user made issue, but you will notice in both my posts I stated that I hoped it was not self-inflicted.  

I am not trying to paint this as a user created issue and given the fact it only occurs after the last patch seems to point at the patch.

it also doesn’t escape notice that some of the “mods” have created issues that have required multiple iterations of fixes to resolve.

• Like 3

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

11 minutes ago, DPSimulation said:

Exactly, as if the users knew what they were doing but then suddenly became inept after the patch. And almost all report not having any mods.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, desbean said:

Exactly, as if the users knew what they were doing but then suddenly became inept after the patch

Unfortunately, user errors, in all aspects of simming, is a grim reality. Personally, I have done some terrible things (and suffered the consequences) in all my other sim platforms.

The important thing with this issue though, is to actually find out if it is a "common" user error, or an intermittent "bug"  I do not want to jump on the allocation of blame here because that is not really important.  What is important, is finding the solution. This is not an issue created by a state of mind. Self-inflicted or not, it is a problem, and needs to be fixed.  As stated previously, isolating a bug or self-infliction is only the first step.  Allocating a "blame" is not actually helpful to anybody.

Let's be a little more constructive with this instead of pointing fingers. Regardless, it HAS to be fixed.

Tony  

Tony Chilcott.

Has it been brought up that just zooming while panning the camera sometimes flips random switches in the cockpit and that some but not all of these cases are misinterpreted as being the same issue? (When in reality there exists two different issues)

though I guess trying to turn it back on would alleviate any doubt...

Edited by UAL4life

SATISFACTION LEVELS:

1)  Those who are totally enjoying MSFS to the hilt - no problems whatsoever - tend to deflect any complaints in this Forum re: bugs, problems, missing items, etc, as a lotta noise - just whiners, and  impatient ingrates.  This group thinks everyone should expect problems from such a revolution in a flight simulation and live with it  - after all, it's just out of the box for goodness sake! 

2)  Those who are somewhat satisfied: They can have some successful flights, but have bugs & some problems, - will live with it them for now, waiting for an Asobo fix...

3)  Those who are mostly dissatisfied: Have many bugs & some problems but will still wait for updates and fixes. But like most who purchased MSFS, had to wait double-digit hours for the initial  download, only to have it crash - had to start over. Plus, now cannot get the fixes to install or resolve their problems.  

4) Have had it with MSFS  - attempting to, or have gotten refunds...  May or may not try it again someday...  Going back to X-Plane or P3D or 4,5 

5)  I'm in this category - will wait a few months or more till this all hopefully shakes out - will also wait to buy a new gaming PC, along with the latest GPU and CPU due out by then.  I think I have some company in this group?  

Edited by overspeed3

To be clear: this bug has been prevalent for me in the STEAM GUAGE C172 and the C152, not only glass screen derivatives.

Flying along, in level, stable flight in a STEAM guage C172 for some time, perhaps 20 minutes, suddenly the AP does its little beep disengage noise and the AP unit is dead. Nothing can turn it on again. Another few minutes of flying and the Garmin GPS screens go dead too. After landing, switching off the aircraft to cold, master switches off, magnetos off, proper cold and dark and then turning it back on again - AP, radios and GPS remain DEAD. 

Also to be clear, no mods in Community folder at time of patching. This was a Fresh install of Windows just for this sim. If this is user a user induced issue, certainly a lot of users here inducing the error. Amazingly, we all managed to induce the error only after the update.

I am irritated by this but it is not the end of the world. I remain confident that Asobo will fix their mistakes. So yes the error is induced. Developer induced.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Guest FlyBaby
16 hours ago, styckx said:

This has been amping up for a bit now since the patch on the official forums and I myself am personally OVER IT..

I caught the entire failure on video now..  This happens MULITPLE times a flight. NO COMMUNITY addons..  Doesn't matter what plane you're in... 

Same issue on my end with the Virus, random shut offs for the avionics.

Only happened after the latest patch...

I've yet to encounter this bug. 10+ flights in as many hours post patch and nothing. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Just reporting in. To date, I have only flown the TBM 930 in this sim. The autopilot is perfectly smooth for me. Worked well after the initial install, after patch 1, and after the second patch. I should note that I have not modified any files, nor installed any add-ons .

• Upvote 1