Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

Fort Collins CO to Greeley (interesting photoscenery)

I thought this area has some of the best photoscenery quality (at least best I've seen in the game thus far). It downscaled better than most other states they did. For max visuals, I use a high cloud layer (I customize overcast cloud heights).

The Fort Collins airport was also very well done for a generic airport, surprisingly cool looking. Not all generic airports in this game are bad at all. I suggest people to check out Fort Collins to Sprague flight or Fort Collins to Greeley, great shots. It looks like some stuff was hand placed and hand corrected in this area to be honest, but I don't know. 

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-9-28-2020-7-2

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-9-28-2020-7-1

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-9-28-2020-7-1

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 4

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Beautiful!

Looks better than P3Dv5 with Orbx TE to me!!!

Chris Camp

Oh yah, Orbx TE never got as good as that, the closest was Orbx Great Britain TE, but the photoreal north of Denver is even better than that really, slightly. It's still compressed so it's not quiet as high-res as you can get in Ortho4XP for Xplane, but for being so fast and not having to wait hours to download an area, it's great. 

They released 3 hand crafted airports in Colorado, so they were paying more attention to this area. You can tell some of the regional airports near Denver had hand placed hangars, mostly only the larger ones.

I just did a Colorado short  trip, from Telluride to Aspen. Both airports had custom buildings that looked really good. Someone either hand-made the Aspen buildings or the AI was having a really good day.

Some of the topography around the airports wasn't quite as good - there was a road just beside runway 27 in Telluride  that had probably a 70 degree up-slope going past the airport which I don't think the rental Bentley would handle very well. 😉 In real life the slope isn't nearly as steep, but I can see where the AI would be tricked into thinking it was. 

But the scenery between the two airports was really great. Really looked like flying in the mountains.

Telluride and Aspen are hand rendered, all the airports with a STAR next to them are, the other one you get in Colorado is of course KDEN for free, which is also hand rendered. 

Some additional regional airports in Colorado are not hand rendered but have custom placed hangars from the generic library, which makes them much better, Ft Collins for instance and a few other large regionals.

im staying out of Ft Collins. With Trolltrace active in that town, no telling how bad things will get!!

(for my South Park fans!)