Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Consensus is patch 1.9.5 was a step in the right direction?

2 hours ago, StoneDoor said:

You'd better prove your incredible statement.

Time will tell, I am afraid the more customers that leave the less interest they will have in developing the sim and we will end up with another MSFS steam edition.

Unfortunately, some people take things personally and miss the point. it is not a historic event to fly an aircraft with broken avionics from A to Z in a simulator, maybe in real life.

I did not say all youtubers but the many I follow whom are very popular do not upload content related to MSFS as often as they were. I do not want to mention their names to prove it because I think it is unprofessional.

My point is, hardcore simmers will stay and enjoy it broken or not broken they will wait for it to be fixed. But I think the sim is developed for a more larger audience, some are impatient and most likely leave because of the vast majority of bugs, unfortunately the result might impact the hardcore simmers.

I have been following AVSIM for many years and I have learned so much from this community. Maybe I am not that active in the forums, because I do not have the experience and knowledge to offer but in no way I have bad intentions for this sim or any other sim that is in the market.

In the end, I saw this topic and because of the vast majority of bugs in the sim which is causing many of my friends and people on social media to leave I decided to share my opinion. Maybe, they are a small group but small groups become large after awhile and who knows the the opposite might happen. If you disagree that is your opinion and I respect that and If you agree I also respect that.

Cheers,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LHookins said:

I did a couple of flights and didn't notice anything broken that wasn't broken before, so considering what the previous patches were like I'm calling it good.

If memory serves, it was "Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight TRAINER".  I remember it having a pleasantly smooth flight model and needing flaps for takeoff in the SR-71 or you'd shred your tires. 🙂 Graphics were barely a step above CGA but it was fun as anything at the time.  How far we've come.

Hook

Hi, 

It was "Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator" and then it was  pulled from the shops because of some legal issues with Microsoft. The name was then changed to "Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight TRAINER" and put back in the shops. I don't know the complete story but that is what I remember.

14 minutes ago, knmanyffw said:

My point is, hardcore simmers will stay and enjoy it broken or not broken they will wait for it to be fixed. But I think the sim is developed for a more larger audience, some are impatient and most likely leave because of the vast majority of bugs, unfortunately the result might impact the hardcore simmers.

The vast majority of players are not hardcore simmers though and for them, MSFS works fine.  I am going to guess that over 85% of players that purchased MSFS are casual players that don’t even know how to use autopilot properly on any of the planes.

A lot of the bugs being reported, for example for the G1000/G3000, will go unnoticed for these casual players.  And the default airliners are probably too advanced and too complex for these casual players to notice the flaws  too.

So for the casual player, patch 1.9.5 for MSFS works well and has few bugs.  For the more hard core simmers that use every small feature of MSFS, it has a lot of bugs and a lot of room for improvement.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Well since you asked...

Almost nothing that was fixed in 1.9.5 really applies to the aircraft I fly , the areas I flew or something I used. I fly almost exclusively the Caravan and I never open that worthless vfr map anyways and I am nor flying to Japan anytime soon. And I find the occasional monolithic building kind of amusing , it doesn't ruin the game for me at all. So for me atleast it was like MSFS was like hey , we need 2 gb of your drive space for nothing , but I am not mad.

I am not worried about MS dropping support for this anytime soon. IMO serious and even casual flight simmers who spend a little time with this realize what an awesome game this is.  Sure individual aspects are missing or broken but taken as a whole it works.

But , when they do eventually drop support, what happens to the , I think its 200 PetaBytes of photgrammmmymymmish (big word for a cat) whatever data? But I think thats many many years away .

My big ' I wish this got fixed yesterday " is drawing distance , melted buildings and bald mountains

are super ugly. But thats Not even being investigated yet so hmmmm.  Still doesnt ruin the game for me or want to make me quit.

The only thing that is somewhat fur fying frustrating for me is that I am trying to learn intrument approaches with the G1000 and sometimes I cant tell if I am doing something wrong or if the g1000 isnt working the way it should or it is and something else isnt working.

Anyways its still alot of fun... Best flight simulator ever .  Meow.

• Like 4

Still worse than the version we had 2 patches ago. So no not the right direction, in my very offensive opinion. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

o achieve this, I think Asobo really, really, needs to have the testing team made up of volunteer players ASAP

I really do understand where you are coming from with this sentiment, however, I believe that the volunteer players, at best, can identify bugs (maybe) but, generally, cannot fix them.  I am fairly sure also, that Asobo are already aware of what needs fixing and are hard at work doing this.  What they really need is an extra 30 0r 40 hours per day and some more software engineers, and that requirement, in itself is a huge exaggeration. 

I believe that they are coping admirably and what WE need is a little more patience, before we become patients.

For sure, I acknowledge there is a perceived large number of fixes to come, but they will come and what we have is enjoyable for a very large percentage.  We also need to be understand, and to try to be helpful for the people who do have genuine problems and who are not just complaining.

There also the "perfect" sims already out there which are still undergoing fixes some 10 or more years on, in their individual development. Let us not forget either, that a majority of users are actually happy with what we have (so far)

Regards

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Chuck Yager's whatever. Now that was a while ago.

What I recall is that it used Hercules graphics cards. These were effectively monochrome (amber) graphics cards which could render more polygons than CGA cards and, also, ran at a higher resolution. So what you got was amazing detail, for that time. Before this we were stuck with what was essentially wireframe simulators with a rudimentary panel slapped over it. MSFS 2.0 was it? I still have my copy somewhere...

Oh, the question? Yeah. A step forward.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

25 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

This game attracts some right weirdos

Can I just point out that these same "weirdos" were not generally considered "wierdos" for P3D and XPlane conversations.  I don't agree with them mostly, but I do not think that they are "weidos" either.

I got the impression that you largely agreed with the the "cats" sentiment and statement.  Where did this quoted statement come from?

19 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

Someone kick the cat out of the back door so it can have a cr*p

Totally unnecessary.

21 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

You have a problem ? Did I do something to you ? I think you have a mental issue.

Totally unnecessary as well.

Looks similar to other familiar downward paths we are following lately.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

4 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Can I just point out that these same "weirdos" were not generally considered "wierdos" for P3D and XPlane conversations.  I don't agree with them mostly, but I do not think that they are "weidos" either.

I got the impression that you largely agreed with the the "cats" sentiment and statement.  Where did this quoted statement come from?

Totally unnecessary.

Tony

It's a Simulator.

For goodness sake stop taking yourself so seriously.

I have to be up early to fly the 747 from UK to Germany - so I'm out, but seriously. . .get real, not-real, virtual, whatever.

17 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Totally unnecessary.

Tony

He started it. I have placed him on ignore..

• Like 1

OH WOW,

What are we decending to?  I wonder if there is a bottom to the unfathomable depths we are headed in to.

30 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

It's a Simulator.

For goodness sake stop taking yourself so seriously.

I have to be up early to fly the 747 from UK to Germany - so I'm out, but seriously. . .get real, not-real, virtual, whatever.

I agree it is a simulator. Might I enquire in a similar vein, why, if it is not to be taken seriously, where the necessity regarding the "Weirdos" statement comes from?

AmeliaCat,

The best response and best advice is not to respond.  Look at me, I never do that LOL 

I apologize for my reactions, I just cannot help myself.  If only it were not the same very few people creating very similar responses to almost every post regarding MSFS.

If they could only combine forces, find, somehow, a positive attitude, can you imagine what a great PR firm they could create.

Enough said from me, We are already headed in the wrong direction and nobody needs my weight to sink further into the depths.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

This thread is about this close <-> to being locked. Please keep nasty and unnecessary commentary behind your teeth.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Doesn't matter what they do, or how they try they can't take the fun out of this sim.

Bring on the warbirds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, knmanyffw said:

Time will tell, I am afraid the more customers that leave the less interest they will have in developing the sim and we will end up with another MSFS steam edition.

Back in the day the MS combat sim CFS was clearly abandoned because it was totally outclassed by the 300 odd aircraft available to fly on both the Eastern Front and PFO in the Russian sim IL2 Sturmovik.  CFS was dead in the water.

The reasons for abandoning FSX have always been a matter of controversial conjecture as it was popular and apparently making money. This was a point in time where they also abandoned popular hardware like the MS FFB2 (still one of the best joysticks around if you can find one) .  A lot of people think it was a semi political decision with upper management wanting to present a more corporate/business profile un-sullied by gaming but who knows.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

2 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Bring on the warbirds

We may well get 3PD warbirds, but my understanding is that they will be unarmed. This means that you will be unable to interfere with the future by going to foreign countries and singlehandedly shoot down their entire air assets and thus claim victory for the good guys.  

It would surely be a lot of fun trying though LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.