Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abrams_tank

Consensus is patch 1.9.5 was a step in the right direction?

Nope. Not for me.

I made sure that I had nothing other than official products in my Community folder. I didn't tweak any of the base sim files and developer mode was turned off.
Installation of the patch went quickly and without any errors.

However, I cannot now get past the loading screen. The 'cure' is to wait 15-30 minutes on that screen with nothing happening other than the music playing on an endless loop, before it will progress to the main menu.
I didn't know about this solution, so MSFS is uninstalled from my PC in its entirety.

I'll have another go with it after Update 6 or Update 7 has been released. See you all next month.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I think it is now too late for MS and Asobo. 

Many people I know deleted the sim from their computers and are playing Doom, star wars and other video games.

Instead of patching a scenery such as Japan, which even needed to be patched again they should have put their focus on fixing the big bugs in the aircrafts and the whole sim in general.

Moreover, many youtubers who were uploading almost every day are now barely uploading anything related to MSFS.

I love flight simulators and have been since the DOS version of Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator, if anyone remembers, but MS and Asobo's approach is not acceptable in my opinion.

Just now, knmanyffw said:

Many people I know deleted the sim from their computers and are playing Doom, star wars and other video games.

Instead of patching a scenery such as Japan, which even needed to be patched again they should have put their focus on fixing the big bugs in the aircrafts and the whole sim in general.

Moreover, many youtubers who were uploading almost every day are now barely uploading anything related to MSFS.

I love flight simulators and have been since the DOS version of Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator, if anyone remembers, but MS and Asobo's approach is not acceptable in my opinion.

Rubbish,,

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

Fixed all my issues, and very happy with the latest update. VFR map works, A320 both the default and Flybywire version (Stable) are operating fine. AP, not wandering off on it's own, picking up the ILS etc as it should.

Only issue that still needs some tweaking is the ATC, still getting stupid requests to climb to say 11k on approach, but the easy fix is i then request a decent to wha it should be, and works

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

3 minutes ago, knmanyffw said:

Prove it 

See my post.

I haven't deleted it and I have no intention of deleting it.

Did a wonderful stress-free 747 flight from Heathrow to Frankfurt this morning. The queen climbed beautifully for the rising sun on LNAV and VNAV, cruised lazily and later captured and flew the GS right down to when I disengaged the AP at about 1000' (fully configured) whereupon I did a greaser of a landing.

flight logging still broken, getting the dolphing dance above FL240, live weather thunderstorms.

patch#2 was the best overall. #3,#4 worst.

48 minutes ago, Britfrog said:

whilst i agree that progress is at a snails pace 

May I suggest trying AeroflyFS2? And even the two big legacy sims aren't actually progressing quickly.

Obviously development of systems as complex as these simulators can't be rushed, and if it's tried it usually leads to disaster, as we have seen.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Anybody recall that there was a an volunteer Alpha and Beta testing team almost a year prior to the August 18 release:  What exactly did the Asobo team do with all that feedback? 

Actually though, I blame the Microsoft Corporation for a premature release of this sim - now everyone here is jumping thru hoops, downloading fix after fix with no end in site...

16 minutes ago, knmanyffw said:

All this is just your opinion just like i and others have one too . If i were to judge where FS2020 stands now by the people  that i know that today use FS2020 by the way some of us used to Flight the real thing I can tell you that there’s a heck of a big number of individuals that enjoy FS2020 and dont post here and are all adults and understand how development works and are extremely happy that finally someone despite the flame throwing pick up this for another go at it . If i were to judge by that then I have a different opinion than yours and by the way no one has to prove Anything ... 

Is not too late still wayy too early. 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

33 minutes ago, knmanyffw said:

2 months into a 10 year project? Isn’t that a little melodramatic?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Download and installation went without issues, the download took 3 min, exited out of the sim, restarted the sim, went into contente manager, updated Japan and installed the new airport that was available to install. One thing I did notice is that my custom settings were all changed, not a game breaker. Loaded my hometown airport KMFE when for a spin, no problems, live weather all fine here.

So the update was a success for me.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

8 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

2 months into a 10 year project? Isn’t that a little melodramatic?

Lol When I first read his “is too late “line I could picture a few people at asobo studios reading this and having the back of their skull 💀 blowing up . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

A bit like the UK annual budget, it was a neutral release not very bold.

No real fixes to autopilot issues affecting the A320 and 747 (don't own the 787) as when I tried the game last night found the AP still off when you resume a saved game and the FMC as likely as not to not retain your flight plan. Hopefully it fixed the unsolicited smartcam followed by CTD though I haven't switched the player or live traffic back on to test this out.

Still thunderstorms everywhere and seems the game is not registering landings, or when you shut down the A/C at the gate to bring up the flight end window.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.