Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

desbean

Import older planes into MSFS?

I remember Asobo saying there was a tool to do this but I haven't found any. Has anyone had any luck importing older planes like from FSX into MSFS? I would love to get my old freeware DC3 imported.

It can be done but currently you need to download and use the SDK. 

It is not straight forward but people have done it, often only flying in external view without lights though,

Even though a plane is freeware doesn't mean that you can upload and move it over to a different sim.  You might want to read the fine print associated with that DC-3.

Ray

I snapped these screenshot before erasing the illegal DC-3 port very early on.  It does raise my heartbeat when I see it in the hangar and preparing for takeoff though.

1898131099_ozarkdc-3.thumb.JPG.3a40ff11958b70a30fcdd9f1d8b5ce0d.JPG

2110703721_enginesfeathered.thumb.JPG.dc05f7253159e85f6bcc3d0a9da14aa4.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

My opinion - I'd have no issue porting freeware over for my sole personal use, if the porting in process was simple.

It's when you start posting screenshots of it in MSFS all over the internet or files for others to use it that it's a problem.  I wouldn't do that.

This is the direction that is given in this thread as well:

Posts that show yoou how to take YOUR copy of a FSX a/c and port it to MSFS2020 are fine but information and/or links to other ports is not.

I do think it would be nice to have a freely shared 'generic aircraft' with a simple 3D model that people wanting to poke at the SDK could experiment with. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.