Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

1 minute ago, ark said:

Richard,

Thanks for the idea, but it seems Asobo is aware and working on a fix so for now I'll just wait to see what happens.

Al

Yikes Al guess I got lucky thats a first 🙂 good luck Pal

Rich Sennett

23 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Live weather did not work for me here in FL.

Live weather way off in Portland & DC area so far, Especially BARO readings

UPS123.png

2 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Installed. SO many bugs still.... 😞

Care to explain???

38 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Their complaining at MSFS forums the night lighting looks to much like xplane lol cant win 

You never satisfy anyone lol! Honestly I don't find it bad, for me is better, no idea why some folks are complaining about the night lighting 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

You never satisfy anyone lol! Honestly I don't find it bad, for me is better, no idea why some folks are complaining about the night lighting 

It is not my job to satisfy anyone... that is what we pay Asobo for 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Question for you folks having CTD's: Do you have adjustments in the sensitivity section for your controllers? (realizing you can't check if it CTD's :[ )

I didn't have any adjustments and no CTD. My pet theory is old settings violate some math boundary. I wonder if there's a way to remove Sensitivity settings by editing or deleting a file...

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Braptastic7348 on the official forum proposed a way (not direclty applicable to Steam version) to delete the offending controller profiles:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-after-latest-update-update-5/309576/235?u=stekusteku

I wonder if CIA or NSA is involved in the sim creation, why the hell are they trying to hide the config files? 

Edited by Steku

18 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Try new video driver cant hurt I just loaded it up

Rebooted and still got the same issue. I guess I'll update the drivers and hope for the best. Thank you for your suggestions.

Could you tell me which GPU you are using? I just saw a bug report about this at the forum from someone with pretty much the same GPU as mine. Hopefully this is not an issue exclusive to that generation...

Modded or added liveries are not showing. You get the right flight and engine model you modded, and you even get the thumbnails of each extra livery showing up in the menu, but you do not get the liveries showing in the loaded scenario. It seems you HAVE to now attach a model.cfg for each repaint variation. You did not have to do this before. It was entirely unnecessary as they all by default use the base model.

Why does Asobo do this? A perfectly sound and working system now changed WITHOUT ANY PLAUSIBLE REASON. Every single update has been like this. For goodness sake Asobo, at least TEST your own patches before inflicting them on people!! ARGH!!!!!!

Edit: Now added model cfgs for each livery and still they do not show in the sim. 

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

55 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Cannot update or even use the sim...a new window has popped up saying content server is not availble right now and try again later ?

I still can't update, and I don't even get an error message. Windows store just has spinning circles when I click the "download now" icon.   I've been trying for hours, rebooted computer etc.

Edited by N7470

The new patch looks AMAZING! I feel like it's more sharp and the AA looks great! Getting near 55fps with my 1080TI 1440p with a mix of settings from Ultra to med. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case