Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Best use of a tablet ever

46 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

I can't even get that far. when trying to program a button, then go to the left side Add actions/Start Application Then go find my FlightSimulator.exe and choose it /open i get an error  You don't have permission to open this file!!!!!

I would not try and start MSFS 2020 with Touch Portal,

Have it running on your PC and tablet then start MSFS 2020. You can Tab out of MSFS to setup Touch Portal. Check the link to the YT video someone posted earlier in the thread. I watched the same one.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

For those that are struggling to get this working please try the following to create a basic button

1) When Touch-Portal first loads click anywhere in the screen to open the "edit touch button window"
2) On the right side in panel settings name your button i.e Landing Lights
3) Scroll down and uncheck transparent background so you can see the button
4) On the left panel scroll to input section and select "virtual key press"
5) You should now see the key presses window, press CTRL+L (Toggle landing lights) on your keyboard and it should register
6) Press "add" then "save" in the edit touch button window 

You should now see the new button on your tablet and when touched it should activate your landing lights. (You can only use the tablet to activate buttons and not your PC) Make sure the connected button is green showing your device is actually connected

Edited by Richdem

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Forgot to mention that in addition to FSRadioPanel,   I also use VoiceAttack.      VoiceAttack is exremely usefull for ATC,  and just about everything else.     You can even use it's speech synthesis to simulate the voice of a co-pilot and make your own cabin announcements.

Right now I'm waiting on the HSI voicepack for VoiceAttack,  which should be interesting.   https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/

The voice pack concept intrigues me,   because I think it would be cool to have voice packs like Pilot Emilie,  Mentour Pilot,  Missionary Bush Pilot,  etc.      But in the mean time,  the Voice Attacks built in female text to speech capabilities will fill the interim gap until HSI finishes their pack.

7 hours ago, Dutch1 said:

The only thing i don't get is where you select the program your going to use...in our case MS2020.

Good to have a video though I did not watch it yet. As mentioned I was able to add a button in TP but still did not figure out how to assign 2 different icons from said flight icon set for on and off button status. 

dutch1, TP just emulates key strokes. So no program to choose from. With msfs running a v will open the map like on your physical keyboard.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, Richdem said:

For those that are struggling to get this working please try the following to create a basic button

Thx a lot. Can you describe as well how to assign two different button icons for the on and off state, respectively? So an activated/pressed button shows a lit icon eg for AP Master or HDG Hold?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

37 minutes ago, DAD said:

Good to have a video though I did not watch it yet. As mentioned I was able to add a button in TP but still did not figure out how to assign 2 different icons from said flight icon set for on and off button status. 

dutch1, TP just emulates key strokes. So no program to choose from. With msfs running a v will open the map like on your physical keyboard.

"dutch1, TP just emulates key strokes. So no program to choose from. With msfs running a v will open the map like on your physical keyboard."

That i didn't know, I did get it to work though.I open my FS2020 ,through a cmd.exe, so I chose that cmd.exe when setting it up, but what your saying is i don't need to do that...good to know. I started MS2020, Had TP already running and minimized on my PC, and then started TP on my tablet. i only programmed on button, gear up, gear down. loaded the plane up and my gosh...it worked , gear went up...gear went down ...I'm happy...can't mess with it now...have to go drink wine with my wife 

Edited by Dutch1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DAD said:

Thx a lot. Can you describe as well how to assign two different button icons for the on and off state, respectively? So an activated/pressed button shows a lit icon eg for AP Master or HDG Hold?

Just at the ER room with my wife,

as soon as I get a chance I’ll post some screenshots of how to setup a toggle button showing on and off states 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

2 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

my gosh...it worked grar up...gear down.... 

Glad it worked out. Though I still need to learn that grar up command 😉

now please learn how to assign 2 images for grar up and gear down and let me know how that works. 

Phil Leaven

6 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Just at the ER room with my wife,

as soon as I get a chance I’ll post some screenshots of how to setup a toggle button showing on and off states 

Showing nerves my friend or need some distraction when posting from the ER. Seriously, with Dutch1 picking up now you better take care of your wife than grar down or gear up buttons

Edit: Dutch1, just now saw your edit. Too much wine with your wife may result in grar up and grease down, so enjoy responsibly and hopefully not at an ER like Richdem. Good luck to both of you. Off now 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

1 minute ago, DAD said:

Showing nerves my friend or need some distraction when posting from the ER. Seriously, with Dutch1 picking up now you better take care of your wife than grar down or gear up buttons

They wouldn’t actually let me in so I’m waiting in the car. 

Have a look at this tutorial for toggle buttons

https://www.touch-portal.com/blog/post/2019_12_27/touch_portal_tutorial_simple_toggle_button.php

I followed a video tutorial on their YT page 

• Upvote 1

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

14 minutes ago, DAD said:

Glad it worked out. Though I still need to learn that grar up command 😉

now please learn how to assign 2 images for grar up and gear down and let me know how that works. 

Not sure what you mean there. My gear  key is the G key in MS2020. When i push this key if the gear is down, it will go up, if i push it again the gear will go down, so one button for up and down

6 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

Not sure what you mean there. My gear  key is the G key in MS2020. When i push this key if the gear is down, it will go up, if i push it again the gear will go down, so one button for up and down

Advanced settings:-). Instead just using one of the default buttons you can assign pictures/icons to also visually show the button status being pushed/not pushed. Or lever up/down for the gear. AFAIK you can even add screenshots like the three green for gear down and three red for gear up, giving you visual status in TP where your gear is. Assigning these different  sprites/images/icons is what I still do not understand. But maybe that video will help

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

On 11/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, Martin_CaronStudios said:

I'd like to present a new app I'm developing which will hopefully fit your needs - the MSFS Mobile Companion App. It is a tool that gives you a live OSM map and allows you to control essential aircraft instruments (NAV frequencies, autopilot) using almost any mobile device.

It’s free, no ads, no in-app purchases, works on Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, you name it. Just make sure that you have a fairly recent browser and the device is connected to the same local network as your MSFS PC.

Here is a little screenshot:

You can download it on GitHub or flightsim.to. Important notice: You install and run the app your MSFS PC and not on your mobile device! The app creates a local web server to which you connect to from your mobile device via an IP address. For more information, check out the official GitHub page.

I'm developing it in my free time so I haven't been able to iron "everything" out. It's just a start, I'll be adding additional features like COMs, ATC, lights, de-icing, etc.

I'd love to hear your feedback on it.

I have it running on my second monitor alongside Plan-G. What a great tool and so easy to set-up/use !

Thank you Martin!

mobile.jpg

• Like 2

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

12 hours ago, DAD said:

Advanced settings:-). Instead just using one of the default buttons you can assign pictures/icons to also visually show the button status being pushed/not pushed. Or lever up/down for the gear. AFAIK you can even add screenshots like the three green for gear down and three red for gear up, giving you visual status in TP where your gear is. Assigning these different  sprites/images/icons is what I still do not understand. But maybe that video will help

I was looking through YouTube and did come across a tutorial about adding pictures and things to buttons, I’ll see if I can find it again. Also on the TP web page there are different icon sets you can down load and import. One is for MS2020, I downloaded and imported to TP, but have no idea where to find ,and use what I imported😬

12 hours ago, DAD said:

• Upvote 1