Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Best Freeware Airports for MSFS2020

The free Aerosoft Paderborn airport is also a good one. A nice base to do some cross-Europe flights to some of the other airports mentioned here like St Moritz.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I'd say at least half of these are at or above payware quality. Great work all around. 

• Like 3

These are from the same author that created  the version of Bolzano which I posted.   They make for a nice flight.

https://flightsim.to/file/1915/como-alzate-brianza-milano-bresso

Enjoy breathtaking VFR flights from Milan or Brianza into Lago di Como, Lago di Lugano and the Alps.
This scenery started as a simple revamp of Milano Bresso but then quickly became way bigger.
Como has been revamped with custom models. Most main iconic monuments, duomo and popular tourist attractions have been modeled:

• Faro Voltiano
  • Tempio Voltiano
  • Monumento Ai Caduti
  • Stadio Sinigaglia
  • Duomo di Como
  • Castello di Baradello
  • Villa Geno has been reproduced using custom polygons to restore the drama and beauty of the location abrupt elevation changes

The historic Aero Club Como, with over 100 years of history, has been added as a usable water airport with water parking spots. It is the perfect location to start breathtaking flights into the Alps to France, Switzerland and Austria, many destinations are easily reachable from here, be sure to check Lugano, Zell Am See, Masera Chavez Marini and many more.
ICAO: LILY
Charts here.

In addition, Alzate Brianza Airport has been accurately reproduced. This airport, 8km SE of Como, is an important center for sailplane activity.
As a final touch, Bresso Airfield, in the metropolitan context of Milan, has been revamped and detailed. This airfield is just a stone throw away from Milan and a 10 minute flight from Como.
Many important areas from Como to Cernobbio and Blevio have been updated with detailed marinas, churches, basiliche and campanili where required. You can park your Icon A-5 in front of world famous Villa d'Este or go further north to Bellagio.
Night lighting for these popular has been implemented as well and flying at sunset is something that everyone should have in their TODO list.

https://flightsim.to/file/1917/campo-di-volo-samolaco

https://flightsim.to/discover?author=quelcertoleo

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

Two more

LGSM - Samos Aristarchos Int'l Airport

Alex has been doing all the Greek Island airports mentioned above. He does good work

EDER - Wasserkuppe - Rhoen (totally missing in MSFS, If I remember its about 55 or so miles North and slightly east from Frankfurt EDDF airport))

This Wasserkupe was an Aerosoft freeware for FSX and P3D days... and after Lukla and Courchevel , this was my favorite sloped runway on a hill. The only issue is they had a white ball radar that is missing. I have requested in the comment to add that. The radar was an airport locator for me when I fly around... since this is VFR airport. 

https://www.alamy.com/the-famous-radar-dome-on-the-wasserkuppe-mountaingermany-image226300294.html

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

What airport is it?

Sorry, forgot to copy the link. I think it is ENSD, Sandane airport, Norway.

• Like 1

Lovely shadow effect in this image of Menorca airport. Also the night lighting runway/taxiways are good too.

• Like 1