Sign in to follow this  
SIM_Flyers

Settings for Oculus Quest 2

Hi there, 

So far flying with the Oculus VR is a very interesting and exciting experience, however I can't seem to get the right settings for a crisp and smooth view. My PC hardware is pretty good: Intel i9 processor, 64GB RAM, AMD 5700 XT graphics card, NVME drive. 

I've tried different modes of 72, 80 and 90 Hz with render of 1.0 - 1.3 - 1.4 and I can't seem to find the right combination...

Appreciate your thoughts. 

SIm_Flyers

I get different performance from one run to another, yesterday I was at stable 30fps, with ingame and oculus rendering at 100 after setting the quest 2 at 80hz instead of 90(probably a coincidence but that's what I did).
The day before I had to lower ingame rendering to 70%, sometimes I have to pull it all the way down to 50 (same plane, rural areas, but cities didn't kill the fps as expected) this 1070 is being stretched way beyond its intended purpose with MSFS in VR.

It looks like if the sim has been rushed, VR support has been rushed even more, and VR support for non WMR devices was a last second decision, so we got what we got.

Edited by EmaRacing

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

16 hours ago, SIM_Flyers said:

Hi there, 

So far flying with the Oculus VR is a very interesting and exciting experience, however I can't seem to get the right settings for a crisp and smooth view. My PC hardware is pretty good: Intel i9 processor, 64GB RAM, AMD 5700 XT graphics card, NVME drive. 

I've tried different modes of 72, 80 and 90 Hz with render of 1.0 - 1.3 - 1.4 and I can't seem to find the right combination...

Appreciate your thoughts. 

SIm_Flyers

Make sure your pid's are adjusted. I find tilting the rift at the strap connections(almost rotating it) often helps the focus or moving it up or down on your face, sometimes even a tiny, tiny bit will make a big difference. I set my super sampling at 1.5 (3080) the difference between 1.4 and 1.5 seems to be a pretty big difference to me. I think your asking too much from your system to run it at 72 Hz, depending on your in-game settings(although I am far from an expert on AWS, someone else will know better). at most I can only get 40 fps but this actually works for me. I also bought the pro strap for my quest 2 and this seems to help in every way including focus.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

12 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

I get different performance from one run to another, yesterday I was at stable 30fps, with ingame and oculus rendering at 100 after setting the quest 2 at 80hz instead of 90(probably a coincidence but that's what I did).
The day before I had to lower ingame rendering to 70%, sometimes I have to pull it all the way down to 50 (same plane, rural areas, but cities didn't kill the fps as expected) this 1070 is being stretched way beyond its intended purpose with MSFS in VR.

It looks like if the sim has been rushed, VR support has been rushed even more, and VR support for non WMR devices was a last second decision, so we got what we got.

I had some success lowering in game rendering to 70 and then increasing the sampling in OTT and running ASW at 30hz. I have a 1070 too. It can be done. Not as smooth as Prepared v5 but enough