Sign in to follow this  
RW1

GSX in MSFS 2020 First Preview

22 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I thought somewhat there is a way to add menus to MSFS, for example https://flightsim.to/file/3181/fspm-vfr-map ?

Those menus are static Javascript/Html code, so they won't work with GSX, that need to change the menu entries dynamically, depending on the airport ( list of parking spots, for example ) or the situation ( parked or just landed ) or the operation being done.

Also, that approach works by making an override of the default menu, replacing it with a customized version of a default file of the same name. Which means, if more than one installed add-ons tried to do the same on the same file, only one of them will work, so it's not a feasible approach.

So no, we need a proper way to create menus programmatically, just like FSX and P3D and, since these are fully documented functions, even in the latest SDK ( with an alert saying they don't work, which indicates they *will* work in an upgrade ), we are quite sure they will eventually come, also because this has been confirmed to us by Asobo, even if they didn't provide with a sure release date.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Will it support custom airports bought in Marketplace?

Nothing that is supposed to read the airport files ( ADE, Flightplanners, etc. ) can support custom airports bought in the MS Marketplace, so GSX will be no exceptions but, of course, we already have several possible solutions about it:

- If an unencrypted copy of the scenery airport .BGL ( the "AFCAD" ) will be placed where you usually place a GSX customization .INI file ( %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX ), GSX will read THAT file instead of the one from the MSFS installation. So, 3rd party developers with products on the MS Marketplace will only have to supply users with that .BGL, which won't affect in any way MSFS, since it will be placed in a GSX-only folder.

- Since the issue of not being compatible with utilities that reads the airport files directly is not something specific to GSX, it's *possible* Asobo/MS might improve the current DRM, allowing developers to flag some files as "don't encrypt".

- Another possible solution might be the Simconnect API to be extended to provide full information about the airport layout, eliminating the need to read the airport .BGLs.

The last one would be my preferred long term solution but, not having it, won't prevent in any way GSX to work with products on the MS Marketplace, using one of the other two methods.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 2

Thank you @virtuali for the answers! I just hope Microsoft and Asobo will allow at some point in time the airports in Marketplace to be read by external applications. Otherwise we can nag them in the next dev Q&A ^_^

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, Chock said:

True, but in terms of the sim, and from the distances depicted in the sim, it's not really going to be that noticeable a movement visually. It will be from the cab of the tug of course.

Next time you're out at an aeroplane, try this. Get in the rear hold of something like an A321 or 320 up near the back just before where the hold floor starts sloping up toward the tail, stand with your legs apart and then rapidly shift your weight from one leg to the other like you are doing a fast warm up for some exercise. Surprisingly, you will feel that aeroplane rock from side to side; it's quite a significant feeling of movement, since you'd think it wouldn't make the aeroplane move much at all, but it really does. However, I doubt anyone outside who was looking at the aeroplane would notice that movement.

Yup, I did things like that before. I can remember there are some aircraft types which are very critical to tail tipping and it needs only very little weight to get them moving. The CRJ9 for example or the ATR72. When there's snow CRJ9 crews make sure to get the tailsection deiced first to get rid of that weight. As so many things in life it's all about balance.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I never used the GSX in P3D even when it was free for FSDT airports. I simply take off from runways and land and move on. Never bothered taxing to gates and do other stuff.  until MSFS since it has some animations for baggage etc.

But I may start using this just for the follow me vehicle. I hate the huge Blue arrows and green box thingi in MSFS, If I can turn that off and get a feature to help me taxi to gate, I'd start using this feature. Interesting.

🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

How can something so subtle, put a smile in all of our faces. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

I never used the GSX in P3D even when it was free for FSDT airports. I simply take off from runways and land and move on. Never bothered taxing to gates and do other stuff.  until MSFS since it has some animations for baggage etc.

But I may start using this just for the follow me vehicle. I hate the huge Blue arrows and green box thingi in MSFS, If I can turn that off and get a feature to help me taxi to gate, I'd start using this feature. Interesting.

🙂

What? You have never started an airliner at the gate, requested fuel, baggage, food truck, used the animated Jetway, or requested push back? It's actually cool to watch, but once done a few times, I just want to go and fly. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

What? You have never started an airliner at the gate, requested fuel, baggage, food truck, used the animated Jetway, or requested push back? It's actually cool to watch, but once done a few times, I just want to go and fly. 😀

Not in P3D. I now use it in MSFS. Oh! I may have used it once or twice and the novelty quickly wears off. Even using PMDG aircrafts, I do not start from Cold except the first time I buy  it, I want to see how its all done. Thence forth, Its always warm start. I am not getting paid to do all the hard work you know. LOL 🙂

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

52 minutes ago, Manny said:

Not in P3D. I now use it in MSFS. Oh! I may have used it once or twice and the novelty quickly wears off. Even using PMDG aircrafts, I do not start from Cold except the first time I buy  it, I want to see how its all done. Thence forth, Its always warm start. I am not getting paid to do all the hard work you know. LOL 🙂

Actually I am right there with you...  oftimes, I only have time to actually fly a route, perhaps with a taxi from the gate, so for me, any aircraft, no matter how awesomely modelled and detailed that does not have a CNTL-E start option, is not something I would purchase...  but to each their own 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I hope they are able to show all the animated passengers and crew members boarding the aircraft.

I love watching that in GSX version on P3d.

All I want from GSX at this point is a pushback feature that doesn't require the pilot (me) to tell the tug when to turn right or turn left. Pushback should be able to recognize where the path is and should be able to line me up properly with a simple selection of tail right, tail left or straight back. Not a pilot and not ground crew, so I don't know what is realistic, but I think it is safe to say that in the RW the pilots are not directing the tug once pushback begins. AES and GSX didn't require constant input from the flightdeck, so I'm hoping that GSX for MSFS won't either,

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Excellent news and day one purchase, I hope you guys will kill it with the sales, Umberto. 

One thing that’s puts a smile on my face is the fact that tools like this are close, meaning the SDK is coming along nicely. By the end of the year we should be getting close to the level of fluidity as we had and got used to in P3D. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |