Sign in to follow this  
mytree123

ENVShade with P3Dv5.1 HF1

Hello fellow flight simmers!

I wanted to know if it was a good idea to use ENVshade paired with ActiveSky and ActiveSky Cloud Art. Would you recommend using it or should I wait for it to become more stable? Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Niels Walter

Stability hasn't been an issue.  Looking at the world through a smurf-blue lens because of the overdone Rayleigh scattering effect (even when turned all the way down) is the biggest gripe I have with Envshade and P3Dv5 HF1 + ASP4+ASCA.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

5 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Stability hasn't been an issue.  Looking at the world through a smurf-blue lens because of the overdone Rayleigh scattering effect (even when turned all the way down) is the biggest gripe I have with Envshade and P3Dv5 HF1 + ASP4+ASCA.

And the night lighting is not the best with it at all. 

Eric 

Hello!

Thanks!

Could you send me a screenshot regarding this problem?

Kind regards,

Niels

Indeed, I was unable to find comparison shots for Envshade anywhere, especially when Enhanced Atmospherics / trueSKY is on. Could anyone please share some?

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Exactly!

My problem with EA are the shaders (at night tehy look garbage on the fuselage and the shaders arent really enjoyable, the clouds are great tho!)

That's why I'm searching for an alternative and I want to have a pic with all the stuff I want to use...

14 minutes ago, mytree123 said:

Exactly!

My problem with EA are the shaders (at night tehy look garbage on the fuselage and the shaders arent really enjoyable, the clouds are great tho!)

That's why I'm searching for an alternative and I want to have a pic with all the stuff I want to use...

It might be just me but I love EA shaders - in fact, they look more realistic than anything introduced before. It depicts haze really well.

• Upvote 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

6 hours ago, mytree123 said:

Hello fellow flight simmers!

I wanted to know if it was a good idea to use ENVshade paired with ActiveSky and ActiveSky Cloud Art. Would you recommend using it or should I wait for it to become more stable? Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Niels Walter

I have recently installed envtex and envshade 

and I am loving it, with EA off asp3d and asca. Global Automatic set.

tuned 4k monitor and set HDR settings 1.30 bloom 0 saturation at 80

envshade set all  to default. 
Auto exposure off in P3d.

I am very pleased.

apart from envtex sun, looks horrible . So a gentleman by the Gerard was kind enough to share his sun mod.

which looks great.

Looking forward to using EA but it’s not there yet.

cheers 

mike

11 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I have recently installed envtex and envshade 

and I am loving it, with EA off asp3d and asca. Global Automatic set.

tuned 4k monitor and set HDR settings 1.30 bloom 0 saturation at 80

envshade set all  to default. 
Auto exposure off in P3d.

I am very pleased.

apart from envtex sun, looks horrible . So a gentleman by the Gerard was kind enough to share his sun mod.

which looks great.

Looking forward to using EA but it’s not there yet.

cheers 

mike

Alright, thank you so much! I will get Active Sky Cloud Art then!

Whatg do you mean by "Global Automatic set"?

Global Automatic is one of the theme sets available in ASCA. Instead of using any of the designated theme sets. Global Automatic will select and use the appropriate theme as called for by WX conditions interpreted by ASP3D. It's a pretty cool arrangement...btw, I agree EA is not yet ready for prime time. As I was reading this and related threads, I was in the process of deactivating EA...and reinstalling ASCA. It may not look as good as EA, but performance and VRAM are much more user friendly.

Sherm

3 hours ago, shermank said:

Global Automatic is one of the theme sets available in ASCA. Instead of using any of the designated theme sets. Global Automatic will select and use the appropriate theme as called for by WX conditions interpreted by ASP3D. It's a pretty cool arrangement...btw, I agree EA is not yet ready for prime time. As I was reading this and related threads, I was in the process of deactivating EA...and reinstalling ASCA. It may not look as good as EA, but performance and VRAM are much more user friendly.

Sherm

Okay thanks!

My problem with EA is not performance nor VRAM usage but the looks of it at night and in some circumstances just being all over the place... I have installed envshade ENVTEX and asca now and it looks absolutely insane, especially the shaders!

Niels

17 hours ago, mytree123 said:

Okay thanks!

My problem with EA is not performance nor VRAM usage but the looks of it at night and in some circumstances just being all over the place... I have installed envshade ENVTEX and asca now and it looks absolutely insane, especially the shaders!

Niels

I have not used ENVTEX, so can not offer any comment. But, I do have another display related issue which I am posting separately so as not to steal your thread.

Sherm