Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Programetry to on or off ?

6 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

. Because Like I mentioned above, how is it that some cities with PG work fine on a Users PC and look great but other PG cities on the same machine have the melted building look?

My personal theory is they are cached at whatever quality you downloaded when you first flew there.

If that is correct (I have not really tested it) then flying London at a time when the MS servers were overloaded means you will always get melted buildings until you delete your rolling cache.

Note this is ONLY a theory and I have done no in game testing of it.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

My personal theory is they are cached at whatever quality you downloaded when you first flew there.

Well that one has been debunked because, I have deleted and disabled the Rolling Cache. I've read of many others also clearing their cache but makes no difference.

14 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

Well people with internet speeds in the hundreds are getting the apocalyptic melted buildings look in some (not all), PG cities and also getting the message about turning PG off and I am suffering the same. For example, Tokyo PG is marvellous for me but my home capital, London, is downright awful so again, I don't think internet speed has anything to do with it on the Users end and is probably due to some other issue on the Microsoft Servers.

I agree, London looks pretty bad while Tokyo looks much better indeed.

My connection (100 MBit/s) was only once exhausted, as I was informed by the sim, thus I don't think it's the connection. I also doubt  it's the server - why should it work worse for London than for Tokyo?

I also made a test: I flew three times the very same route over London: (i) rolling cache off, (ii) rolling cache on, (iii) rolling cache still on. You would expect (iii) to look better because of the cached date, but I couldn't tell any difference between the three.

I am afraid it's just that London (and some others) either is badly optimized or the raw data are just worse. Besides the two, I notice quite differing quality between the other PG cities, too.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Well I thought I had a pretty solid internet connection.

MSFS is showing me otherwise with this photogrammetry. 

Today Miami looked like someone dropped an A Bomb on it.

Compared to the video I posted pages back.

Seems like good days and bad days depending on internet connection...in which I find extremely problematic with this particular scenery method.

Very inconsistent!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

Well I thought I had a pretty solid internet connection.

MSFS is showing me otherwise with this photogrammetry. 

Today Miami looked like someone dropped an A Bomb on it.

Compared to the video I posted pages back.

Seems like good days and bad days depending on internet connection...in which I find extremely problematic with this particular scenery method.

Very inconsistent!

yeah , though some areas like the QLD Gold Coast are consistently good and others like London are generally bad.

I am upping my internet from 100Mb to 250Mb, be interesting to see if it helps.  I have a hunch it will make zero difference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

yeah , though some areas like the QLD Gold Coast are consistently good and others like London are generally bad.

I am upping my internet from 100Mb to 250Mb, be interesting to see if it helps.  I have a hunch it will make zero difference.

I upgraded from 100 to 250 MBytes some weeks ago: No visible difference.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 hours ago, pmb said:

I agree, London looks pretty bad while Tokyo looks much better indeed.

My connection (100 MBit/s) was only once exhausted, as I was informed by the sim, thus I don't think it's the connection. I also doubt  it's the server - why should it work worse for London than for Tokyo?

I also made a test: I flew three times the very same route over London: (i) rolling cache off, (ii) rolling cache on, (iii) rolling cache still on. You would expect (iii) to look better because of the cached date, but I couldn't tell any difference between the three.

I am afraid it's just that London (and some others) either is badly optimized or the raw data are just worse. Besides the two, I notice quite differing quality between the other PG cities, too.

Kind regards, Michael

I can confirm that this has nothing to do with your connection.
I am 850 Mbit/s and I confirm that I have the same problem London and worse than Tokyo. 

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Do ya' all also see a ton of alien looking "cranes" all over London City? I can't figure out what these are supposed to be (other than cranes) but they are everywhere.

I'm on a 50MB fibre line (very stable) and London does not look very nice. Tokyo looks great. Not tried London with PG off though. I do not use the sim Cache's - they are switched off as I am doubtful they actually work as intended and just suck up GB's of SSD space.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

If that is correct (I have not really tested it) then flying London at a time when the MS servers were overloaded means you will always get melted buildings until you delete your rolling cache.

Note this is ONLY a theory and I have done no in game testing of it.

My understanding is that photogrammetry is not Rolling Cacheable or Manual. So what you get is based on Server and current bandwidth, etc.

I wish it was because I'd grab the whole of Southampton and Portsmouth in one huge Manual Cache file.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

Do ya' all also see a ton of alien looking "cranes" all over London City? I can't figure out what these are supposed to be (other than cranes) but they are everywhere.

OMG,..those cranes in London,..they look like twigs in the London photogrammetry. Absolutely horrible to look at.

• Like 1

These “Alien cranes” , do they look like tripods by any chance?🤔

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

What's the point of adding photogrammetry of a city if it looks word not allowed? Surely the beta testers noticed the flaws and alien cranes? Oh, wait.....

:tongue:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

What's the point of adding photogrammetry of a city if it looks word not allowed? Surely the beta testers noticed the flaws and alien cranes? Oh, wait.....

:tongue:

Agreed those poor photogrammetry renderings are unacceptable....I don't care at what altitude they are designed for.

We shouldn't be seeing that even at eye/ground level. As a dev I would hate seeing my sim being showcased with those horrible melted textures.

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

On 3/3/2021 at 10:24 AM, edpatino said:

Very nice video. Isn't Miami just beautiful?.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram