Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Programetry to on or off ?

I don’t see the point of not using it, if the photogrammetry exists it’s because there’s a reason they never put it on.
As much as enjoy in addition no loss of performance. It’s just my opinion. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

12 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Very nice video. Isn't Miami just beautiful?.

Cheers, Ed

I was assigned there from 2010-2015

I miss it alot, the place just makes you wanna own and drive a convertible with the top down after 5pm.

Nothing can describe those pinkish orange summer skies at sunset!🍻

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Nothing can describe those pinkish orange summer skies at sunset!

And the cocktails in Ocean Drive in front of the beach!.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The problem with photogrammetry it looks like a field of potatoes from a distance.Photogrammetry is good for flying over or near the cities.

My comparison: if you need a lot more examples I have the drawers full.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I always fly with photogrammetry off. Beside building issues, trees look distorted, blocky, pyramid looking with PG on.

I wonder how Asobo will do seasons if they don't fix the photogrammetry trees that are always green.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. I prefer flying with it OFF so that my modest system can fly smoothly even with some fairly steep settings and still have a visually enjoyable experience. Hopefully ASOBO will eventually work out the apocalyptic cityscapes. I see FS2020 very much still in it's infancy. Even if nothing progresses on the PG front, I'm out $60 which is still a pretty good investment for a stunning VFR sim. I'll give it time. In the meantime, I still have my P3D with three mortgage payments worth of addons to keep the IFR side of my brain happy...

Brian 

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

5 hours ago, Dillon said:

This just blows my mind every time I read something like this.😳

I think you misunderstand... PG off is not the same thing as Bing data off.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

I do sometimes turn it of because of the reason Filou perfectly illustrates in his post.
The problem is, that not only the PG buildings will disappear, but also the surrounding mesh (mountains and hills) which sometimes have a very high resolution and many detail.
Also elevation problems will occur when turning PG off, like the Clifton Suspension Bridge at Bristol which floats with PG off and the Thames in London will have elevated water.
The Hollywood Hills look not so great without PG and even the Hollywood sign will disappear.

So, yes, I have it off sometimes but mostly on.

PS: The ground imagery sometimes is of a higher resolution too in PG areas

Edited by bvdboomen

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I think you misunderstand... PG off is not the same thing as Bing data off.. 😉

Your correct. I misunderstood. 😓

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I think you are missing something. He 's turned off Photogrammetry - not Bing Imagery.

Correct.  I missed it.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Correct.  I missed it.

No worries mate. It's a massive difference between Photogrammetry On and Bing On.

For many of us it's a case of Photogrammetry just failing to render in time as we fly over - whereas the Bing Data looks superb.

And yes, you're absolutely correct - in Offline Mode (with neither Photogrammetry OR Bing Data on) the sim does look like FS2000.

And I expect Bert will be along in a moment to tell us he told us so; BECAUSE HE DOESN'T BOTHER TO READ THE WHOLE THREAD!

Although we love you Bert - especially for your work on the Seminole in P3D/ FSX - on the AP. How's the Seminole working out in MSFS 2020?

😉

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Upvote 1

This issue is currently listed as in the ‘backlog’ on the feedback snapshot.

Given that this was one of their flagship features on launch and one they continue to rollout with every world update to further entice people they really need to start making this a priority to resolve.

7 hours ago, edpatino said:

It has. On my vacation house I have a very bad internet connection and there's always the message coming from the sim telling me to turn the Photogrammetry OFF. When I say NO, and leave the Photogrammetry ON, I not only have melted buildings, but all of them looks horrible, with a triangular shape, like if the city was bombarded in WWII, much worse than you can imagine.

For people having good or normal internet speeds all will depend on the quality of the Photogrammetry, which as you mention, is not always the best, depending on where you fly.

Cheers, Ed

Well people with internet speeds in the hundreds are getting the apocalyptic melted buildings look in some (not all), PG cities and also getting the message about turning PG off and I am suffering the same. For example, Tokyo PG is marvellous for me but my home capital, London, is downright awful so again, I don't think internet speed has anything to do with it on the Users end and is probably due to some other issue on the Microsoft Servers.

• Like 1

In regards to melting buildings, this is definitely not a one size fits all item.  I started MSFS2020 with a 4820 cpu. 1080ti, and 16 gb ram and had quite a bit of the melting buildings and scenery popping in as you approached it.  Over the holidays built a new rig with a 10900kf, 3090, and 64 gb ram and have none of the melting or popping (I run VR with 175 for both LOD settings).

I personally would not shut off photogrammetry as the areas that don't have (Dallas TX, Washington DC, etc.) do look rater P3Dish, but I don't miss the melting cities I once had either.

I think this discussion doesn't have a right answer without understanding the various levels of horsepower that people have access to in their computers and internet bandwith.

1 minute ago, bszuch said:

I think this discussion doesn't have a right answer without understanding the various levels of horsepower that people have access to in their computers and internet bandwith.

You make some valid points but I still think it's some kind of Server issue or some other bug on the Microsoft/Asobo side. Because Like I mentioned above, how is it that some cities with PG work fine on a Users PC and look great but other PG cities on the same machine have the melted building look?