Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CJ1045

New Bredok 737 update released v1.2

10 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Yes. Sloppy writing suggests coding could be sloppy too. Sloppy code.. crashes, failures, i.e. not flying properly. As they say, where there's smoke, there's fire!

Their native language isn't English, that's why the English isn't great.

7 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Yes. Sloppy writing suggests coding could be sloppy too. Sloppy code.. crashes, failures, i.e. not flying properly. As they say, where there's smoke, there's fire!

Not necessarily. Not being perfectly fluent in writing in what isn't your native language doesn't mean you can't work in the language which is native to you and type code correctly, unless you'd like to type out a reply right now in perfect Italian grammar to prove that this is what is required in order for you to be able to write accurately in your own native tongue.

Now it is true that there are some typos in the checklist on the control yoke's textures in the VC of this thing, but that's not typos in the coding for the sim commands. Same with the marketing blurb.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As an non native english speaker, I am always amazed how demanding native speaker expect anyone in the world to write perfect english.  I am not demanding you to write perfectly written French. Maybe you should give them a break.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Their native language isn't English, that's why the English isn't great.

Keywords in the coding language are in English too. Increases the likelihood of coding mistakes in non-Enblish mother tongue coders.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

As an non native english speaker, I am always amazed how demanding native speaker expect anyone in the world to write perfect english.  I am not demanding you to write perfectly written French. Maybe you should give them a break.

This raises an interesting question. Would MSFS be less buggy if the coders were native English or the development tool languages were all native French? Well never know! 💩

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 minutes ago, odourboy said:

This raises an interesting question. Would MSFS be less buggy if the coders were native English or the development tool languages were all native French? Well never know! 💩

Most code editor do have spelling check ! But marketing communication doesn't always translate the way you want !

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

13 minutes ago, odourboy said:

There are quite a few major non-English development companies out there. Language has nothing to do with it.

That is a very unenlightened view you have there.

One of the top selling ERP systems used by Fortune 500 companies is called SAP. It's Engineered and built by Germans. Originally they were all IBM employees. They went on their own and built this marvel, put almost every other ERP vendors out of business. If you look deep into the coding, you would notice, its all core German.

The concept you have to speak and know English to be a coder, is absurd. 

That's like saying, unless you are native English speaker you can never be a good pilot cause the language of aviation is English. No good German, Dutch, French,..<.what ever your native language ,insert it here>. Pilots n this world.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

22 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

There are quite a few major non-English development companies out there. Language has nothing to do with it.

That is a very unenlightened view you have there.

Lighten up! It wasn't a view, it was a question. (And not a particularly serious one at that!)

5 hours ago, odourboy said:

“Well never know”???

🙂

Edit: just saw the post above...too slow!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

original version= 1.5GB

new 1.2 version= 6GB

WHY? thats very surprising to me.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

6 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

original version= 1.5GB

new 1.2 version= 6GB

WHY? thats very surprising to me.

Lots of paint jobs included in the new pack apparently (9 or 10 I think).
Personally, I wish these were a separate download.

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Anyone having issues with the climb rate above 20k still. Could be me as i am more used to the Airbus systems, but i have tried it in VS, VNV and FLC

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

I'm probably going to uninstall it. Several times on approach the engines just won't reduce or go to idle. Could be I'm doing something wrong, but AP turned off, no auto throttle.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.