Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 8th, 2021 – Development Update

Seems like a number of posters got out the wrong side of bed today. 😉 As far as the Xbox migration side of things is concerned I'm personally fairly positive. Asobo have already stated in the Q&A that they've found a number of instances where they can significantly optimise memory utilisation and that these optimisations will find their way back to the software running on PCs.

The delay in letting us know what's happening in May and beyond, I believe probably reflects uncertainty as to whether certain developments can be achieved in the next few months. They don't want to signal the arrival of certain features and/or fixing particular bugs until they're confident they can be achieved successfully in the next few months. Equally this can be viewed as meaning that various features/big fixes may be further delayed. Shrugs. Nothing I do or say will have any effect on this so I'll just wait to see what happens without getting too stressed about it.

• Like 9

Give people power to really test their personality.

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

It becomes more and more clear what exactly the goal of MSFS is........XBOX.....not Simmers.

They care for the big money.....we simmers do not bring them BIG money.....the GAMERS at XBOX do, because they buy their product in MASSES.

Honestly I did expected this as soon as they announced XBOX. The XBOX market is so much bigger compared to what we simmers would like to see. I estimate we do not even reach 5% of the GAMERS market who are expected to buy MSFS.

We are simply not worth the development.....(at the moment.....and after that it is a ?)

Marcus  

Maybe, but not proven yet. If I was MS I would prioritise the Xbox market too, they are in the business of making $$$ after all. So I think it's a rational case of "other development is more profitable". Their stated intent is to produce a full simulation and it stands to reason that such development would definitely be supported by the monetisation of the Xbox version.    Whether it actually pans out that way, your ? is correct.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Duplicate post

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

Seems like a number of posters got out the wrong side of bed today. 😉 

Wrong side of the bed : maybe 😃 but another explanation is that they are squandering over the months the enormous capital of sympathy they had at the start. As to believe what they say in the Q&A,... 

Circumstantial evidences, yes, but we add what we know, an unfinished construct released 8 months ago with cracks bursting  on all sides since (major deficiencies still here, new bugs, nerfing) on one side, the rewriting for the box that they admit working on full steam on the other side.  

If I understand well what you say, it is even more worrying . They don't say anything because they are not confident to cure the bugs and bring the features that are missing ? Is that it ?

I don't think so. My feeling is that Neuman and Asobo sold an impossible roadmap/timeline to the MS corporate heads to get the development dollars and that they don't have a management able to keep up and organize the priorities. 

A point I agree, nothing that we will say will matter.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

This weekly update really reminds me of one of my jobs at work that I need a calendar reminder to actually remember to do it an then I do the bare minimum because it brings zero value to anything, that’s how this feels now.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Noooch said:

My mother always told me: If you have nothing to say, don't say anything.

I believe you're missing the word nice. And wouldn't that be a pink, cuddly and  fluffy world. 

Actually it would be a bit like a Californian cheesecake factory. Just worldwide. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

4 hours ago, mpo910 said:

It becomes more and more clear what exactly the goal of MSFS is........XBOX.....not Simmers.

Of course they want to open up the sim to Xbox users so they can enjoy the platform as well, it's a business after all... and we don't want another word not allowed like Steve Ballmer pulling the plug.

Have you seen any of the Q&A streams or looked at some of the indepth interviews Jorg has done, it's pretty clear to me Jorg, Martial and Sebastian are committed to push the simulation as far and deep as possible.

Sure mistakes have been made, but this is a journey and for some that's upsetting but for me personally so long as more steps forward are being made then I'm will to be patient but the sim offers so much already so I'm more than content.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Circumstantial evidences, yes, but we add what we know, an unfinished construct released 8 months ago with cracks bursting  on all sides since (major deficiencies still here, new bugs, nerfing) on one side, the rewriting for the box that they admit working on full steam on the other side.  

If I understand well what you say, it is even more worrying . They don't say anything because they are not confident to cure the bugs and bring the features that are missing ? Is that it ?

Jorg has been frank in some interviews - they know the experience and QA isn't there in the team and Jorg is trying to correct that but it takes time - this why Working Title are on board, this is why they are trying to bring in more flight experience, this is why they have a perminant team looking at performance, this is why they are introducing Q&A focused SDK sessions. Maybe Xbox release is getting in the way of all this but this is a long term commitment made at the very start of the project.

Please don't lose faith Dominique, I just sense a lot of frustration at progress but there is so much to enjoy already and that has to count for something. Lets keep the communication going with Microsoft and see what happens.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

They should switch to a 2 week format for the update. These weekly updates only made sense before release.

15 minutes ago, sanh said:

They should switch to a 2 week format for the update. These weekly updates only made sense before release.

Well, it makes sense in term of marketplace new releases, but on this update we have :

249 airports (+18) have been released in the in-sim marketplace
23 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace
20 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace

Where are they?

1 hour ago, dtrjones said:

Have you seen any of the Q&A streams or looked at some of the indepth interviews Jorg has done, it's pretty clear to me Jorg, Martial and Sebastian are committed to push the simulation as far and deep as possible.

What Jörg "Sells"  you in the Streams is NOT how he acts in background with a lot of devs. Don´t let him mislead you.

The SDK is what counts! And this is still, after 8 months, very minimal and so lots of devs have problems to do business based on MSFS!

Jörg can tell me a lot......I only believe what I see and what I have in my hands. This is NOT what I liked to see at the moment. 

Of course this MAY change. But we simply do not know if and when this will happen.

The existing and obvious bigger issues where also NOT mentioned by MS before release. Like the ALPHA ending so early which most of the ALPHA testers surprised and not always in a positive manner.

So, I take what I experienced, what I have (SDK) and that´s enough for me to recognize things are going a bit different as expected. 

Now we all have to wait and see what future will bring. I do not have de intention to be negative. But I am not positive either! 

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Please don't lose faith Dominique, I just sense a lot of frustration at progress but there is so much to enjoy already and that has to count for something. Lets keep the communication going with Microsoft and see what happens.

Is there much to enjoy ? For me, yes so far. I have a ball doing my things in MFS because I do short flights  with a couple of reasonably good aircraft for my taste in regions which are not available in any other sim. I am not really overly worried (yet) not to have working auto-pilots. No CTD. A good but also limited experience.  

Loosing faith ?  I gave them first the credit to bring something innovative, then I gave them the benefit  of the doubt after the release, now I don't see this sim completed to a reasonable level anytime soon in a context of repetitive updates adding negative value (aka bugs).  

I am not interested in Neuman's or Wloch's nice words. What we see does not go in the right direction. And I even do not demand fancy stuff (I want them but I can wait) like a replay function or a decent turboprop etc.  No but a working weather for instance with a decent route weather briefing before flying, that they bring back the initial LOD or explain why they can't, that they cure the artifacts that they created one or two updates ago, that they correct the idiotic icing, that they stop messing our computers like they did in the recent days etc.

Caring about this sim, I say it politely (I hope) but loudly 😉. Frustration but also worry because what we see has a cause. I gave a tentative explanation in the end of my last post above. Pure conjecture  based on my interpretation of the symptoms,  but that wouldn't be the first project going sideways because of a bad planning, conflict of objectives and a poor management. Even at Microsotf 🤣 !

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Is there much to enjoy ? For me, yes so far. I have a ball doing my things in MFS because I do short flights  with a couple of reasonably good aircraft for my taste in regions which are not available in any other sim. I am not really overly worried (yet) not to have working auto-pilots. No CTD. A good but also limited experience.  

Loosing faith ?  I gave them first the credit to bring something innovative, then I gave them the benefit  of the doubt after the release, now I don't see this sim completed to a reasonable level anytime soon in a context of repetitive updates adding negative value (aka bugs).  

I am not interested in Neuman's or Wloch's nice words. What we see does not go in the right direction. And I even do not demand fancy stuff (I want them but I can wait) like a replay function or a decent turboprop etc.  No, a working weather for instance with a decent route weather briefing before flying, that they bring back the initial LOD or explain why they can't, that they cure the artifacts that they created one or two updates ago, that they correct the idiotic icing, that they stop messing our computers like they did in the recent days etc.

Caring about this sim, I say it politely (I hope) but loudly 😉. Frustration but also worry because what we see has a cause. I gave a tentative explanation in the end of my last post above. Pure conjecture  based on my interpretation of the symptoms,  but that wouldn't be the first project going sideways because of a bad planning, conflict of objectives and a poor management. Even at Microsotf 🤣 !

Exactly my point! And as I like to fly Airliners I have less joy at  the moment.

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

The SDK is what counts! And this is still, after 8 months, very minimal and so lots of devs have problems to do business based on MSFS!

which developers?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Caring about this sim, I say it politely (I hope) but loudly 😉. Frustration but also worry because what we see has a cause. I gave a tentative explanation in the end of my last post above. Pure conjecture  based on my interpretation of the symptoms,  but that wouldn't be the first project going sideways because of a bad planning, conflict of objectives and a poor management.

Hi,

Well, repeating the same negative personal opinion every 2/3 posts with very few propositions apart sacking some/all the guys that brought us MSFS because you consider them incompetent is not exactly what I consider being polite.

I'd be glad if you take some time before posting again these kind of rants.

Maybe think a bit where we were 1 year before? I for one am very happy with where we are now and think those wanting a simulator to be completed should in fact play... FSX! At least you will not have to worry about future updates.

Bye,

Arnaud

• Like 6