Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 8th, 2021 – Development Update

6 minutes ago, arnaud_clere said:

Hi,

Well, repeating the same negative personal opinion every 2/3 posts with very few propositions apart sacking some/all the guys that brought us MSFS because you consider them incompetent is not exactly what I consider being polite.

I'd be glad if you take some time before posting again these kind of rants.

Maybe think a bit where we were 1 year before? I for one am very happy with where we are now and think those wanting a simulator to be completed should in fact play... FSX! At least you will not have to worry about future updates.

Bye,

Arnaud

C'est un peu court, jeune homme 😄 as Cyrano would have put it ! That may surprise you, Arnaud, but  a forum is exactly made for that, expressing our own personal opinions. Repeating is OK too. 

You don't like mine, thats ok with me, I wait for your arguments. For the moment besides being nasty I don't see much 'meat'  . You're happy, great ! Tell us why.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Some people can see everyone else, but can't see themselves!!!! 😂

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

What Jörg "Sells"  you in the Streams is NOT how he acts in background with a lot of devs. Don´t let him mislead you.

The SDK is what counts! And this is still, after 8 months, very minimal and so lots of devs have problems to do business based on MSFS!

Jörg can tell me a lot......I only believe what I see and what I have in my hands. This is NOT what I liked to see at the moment. 

Of course this MAY change. But we simply do not know if and when this will happen.

The existing and obvious bigger issues where also NOT mentioned by MS before release. Like the ALPHA ending so early which most of the ALPHA testers surprised and not always in a positive manner.

So, I take what I experienced, what I have (SDK) and that´s enough for me to recognize things are going a bit different as expected. 

Now we all have to wait and see what future will bring. I do not have de intention to be negative. But I am not positive either! 

Marcus 

Space sim fans might remember all the promises about what Freelancer was supposed to be, vs what we actually got when it came out, after 4 years of development and hype....

Talk is cheap.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

You don't like mine, thats ok with me, I wait for your arguments. For the moment besides being nasty I don't see much 'meat'  . You're happy, great ! Tell us why.

That will not be an argument as you seem to have way too much time in your hands to hammer your opinion. But I will however state a few things that are probably obvious to the majority of MSFS users: I enjoy very much the variety of planes, the beauty of the skies, being able to recognize my dear mountains of the alps and himalayas, a vibrant community that offered me gliders and winch and xcub on skis, the possibility to land on every single airstrip and even on mt blanc. I come here for hints on how it will look like with WU4 and like when my mother calls without having much to say on the phone, I am happy to see someone at MS writing a small note to the community just because they promised to. I am even more grateful that MS seems dedicated to improve things for the next decade for a very moderate fee. Be happy!    

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Space sim fans might remember all the promises about what Freelancer was supposed to be, vs what we actually got when it came out, after 4 years of development and hype....

Talk is cheap.

Likewise with No Man's Sky. Since its release about five years ago, however, they have periodically released free updates that have built it up to -- and beyond -- what was originally promised.

• Like 1

The Marketplace is being updated today. I cannot edit the main post so here is the new section.

MARKETPLACE

There are 5 new products and 1 updated product coming to the Marketplace today.

5 NEW PRODUCTS

image002-1.png

image003-1.png

image004-1.png

image005-1.png

image006-1.png

1 UPDATED PRODUCT

image007-1.png

Are the SDK updates available now? I haven't downloaded the SDK het but I'm interested in the livery tutorials.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:49 AM, sanh said:

They should switch to a 2 week format for the update. These weekly updates only made sense before release.

Or people could just... y'know... accept that weekly updates from a developer means that not every week is going to a banger chock full of new information to chew over.

This is why most devs don't bother to try and be so transparent to begin with.  The funny thing is we are days away from a live Q&A where people are going to get to ask them questions directly anyway.

There's a few people in this subforum I honestly think would be better off if Asobo just gave them their money back and banned them from ever re-buying the sim in the future, so they can go use whatever actually makes them happy.

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Scottoest said:

There's a few people in this subforum I honestly think would be better off if Asobo just gave them their money back and banned them from ever re-buying the sim in the future, so they can go use whatever actually makes them happy.

You are absolutely right. They are just hyenas armed with a keyboard ! To the gulag !

your friend,

Andrei Alexandrovich Z.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Or people could just... y'know... accept that weekly updates from a developer means that not every week is going to a banger chock full of new information to chew over.

These weekly updates are very rarely full of any actual information, they're very weak and don't actually serve much purpose at all other than a shiny Screenshot & Marketing excersize which isn't great. They could be so much better overall but for some reason they're oblivious to this, which is a massive shame.

This is why most devs don't bother to try and be so transparent to begin with.  The funny thing is we are days away from a live Q&A where people are going to get to ask them questions directly anyway.

...and the Devs that do bother release monthly roadmaps full of information that makes good reading, it is possible but Asobo/MS simply refuse to move from these weekly pointless "blogs".

As for the Q&A where they get to avoid the big questions, claim they don't know about a bug (remember the lightning in clear skies fiasco) and generally use it as a marketing tool, yeah love them! They can be a good watch at times though I'll give you that.

Freedom of speech mate, do you want a forum full of Happy Clappers oblivious to the flaws of the Sim and the Devs who go about their day acting as Sheep cheering everything about the game? I don't, where the Devs fail the public need to make their feelings known, otherwise the Sim/Game as a whole will never improve.

FYI I love this Sim, but I'm not obvlious to it's flaws and poor management from the Devs and I will shout from both corners thank you very much!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

You are absolutely right. They are just hyenas armed with a keyboard ! To the gulag !

your friend,

Andrei Alexandrovich Z.

The important thing is you're not being dramatic.

4 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

The important thing is you're not being dramatic.

The important thing is that you cannot look at you in the mirror or at least read the inanity you drafted before posting it. 

Check caricature  in the dictionary (hint that was one of you)

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Freedom of speech mate,

What I said has nothing to do with "freedom of speech" (which is the Constitutional right that the government can't muzzle you and has nothing to do with this anyway, but I digress).  Giving someone their money back wouldn't even stop them from saying whatever they want, wherever the want.

My point was that the cynicism and negativity of a few people on this forum has become downright toxic, and it'd probably be better for THEIR emotional health if Asobo just refunded them and they moved on, rather than wallow in it.

But every time this simple observation is made, a bunch of people yell "freeze peach!", as though the goal is to silence all dissidents of the Mighty French Overlords.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hmm perhaps you're the one that needs a break from this forum 😄

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The important thing is that you cannot look at you in the mirror or at least read the inanity you drafted before posting it. 

Check caricature  in the dictionary (hint that was one of you)

A staggering riposte.  My thick monkey brain couldn't figure out what you were getting at.