Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

They sorry

CAPTAIN SIM FORUM - The "liveries move"

OK, what done is done and a lot of people will not be able to forgive but everyone deserves a second chance, so CS.

I allways liked her work it was allways one off the best visuals ( and still is ) and so i hope they find a good way back to buisness - good for future and good for all of us !

cheers 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Yes, but a mixed response on their forum as expected.  Some are still going in hard.

The thing is (and I never knew this until yesterday) the people at Captain Sim have changed, it is not the same as the old crew.

People are asking them to take the B777 off sale and refund it until they have the correct systems and a custom sound set in place. 
It seems like they don't have the skills or capability to do this any more.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

It changes nothing for me, They were way too much arrogants and mostly insulting the moders community. Also thinking that their rules is like up the law, no, sorry.  They stay out of my budget list and nothing will change that.

• Like 1

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

58 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The thing is (and I never knew this until yesterday) the people at Captain Sim have changed, it is not the same as the old crew

Interesting, can this be read somewhere? 

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

People are asking them to take the B777 off sale and refund it until they have the correct systems and a custom sound set in place. 

Why? They are not beating around the bush about what it is you are getting:

"Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation"

If you are a somewhat experienced simmer, there is no way you can interpret this sentence as in any way suggesting that what you're buying is more than a 777 skin. 

If you are new to flight simming, I suggest you do thorough research before buying this or any other addon. Compare opinions, then make up your own mind.

I'm not going to comment (any more) on the fact that people are getting bent out of shape by an addon that costs a few happy meals at McD's.

Edited to add: Whether wrapping a skin around default Asobo assets is legal, I can't comment on that. I'm assuming CS got proper permissions. But that is a different issue. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 3

Would there have been an excuse if I had written them  "Please C Sim, let us please repaint your plane and upload it to Flightsim.to because everybody else allows it and it is so much fun to share it with others"

No, only because the see their business model is in danger do they come up with this excuse

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

16 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Captain Sin

a good one

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Would there have been an excuse if I had written them  "Please C Sim, let us please repaint your plane and upload it to Flightsim.to because everybody else allows it and it is so much fun to share it with others"

No, only because the see their business model is in danger do they come up with this excuse

But this is now snow from yesterday, i would say, and life must go on - i think there are a lot more bad things out in this world goeing on so the team apologized his doeing - what do you want more !!!

Do you all out there never make mistakes ??

cheers 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, but a mixed response on their forum as expected. 

He deleted mine, and literally anyone calling out his apology for what it was.  Crocodile tears to save face. He isn't sorry for what he did to the community, he's sorry he got caught being a terrible person

• Like 9

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

pmplayer, I do mistakes for sure, like everyone, but I never said the work of other becomes mine. This was just illegal and very agressive. How they could do that after selling a so called 777 mixed with a 747 (build by who, this cocpit? Asobo?). I don't believe 1 little second their excuses, it needed many hours and a huge reaction of the community for getting these "apologices" and I don't count the people banned in their forums just for giving their opinion about this. They just tried something, failed and tried then to reverse the things. It's prety rare I write here but this, well, it's chocking. Imagine someone woking hours and hours on a livrery and then someone comes and say, I take credit of it and now this is mine? Huh?

Edited by White Panther
  • Like 4

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

21 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

But this is now snow from yesterday, i would say, and life must go on - i think there are a lot more bad things out in this world goeing on so the team apologized his doeing - what do you want more !!!

Do you all out there never make mistakes ??

cheers 😉

Yes, I make plenty mistakes. I also apologize for them. That doesnt mean that if I slap you in the face and apologize, all will be fine between the two of us.

I will let it rest now, you're right about that!

• Like 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

40 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why? They are not beating around the bush about what it is you are getting:

"Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation"

If you are a somewhat experienced simmer, there is no way you can interpret this sentence as in any way suggesting that what you're buying is more than a 777 skin. 

If you are new to flight simming, I suggest you do thorough research before buying this or any other addon. Compare opinions, then make up your own mind.

I'm not going to comment (any more) on the fact that people are getting bent out of shape by an addon that costs a few happy meals at McD's.

Edited to add: Whether wrapping a skin around default Asobo assets is legal, I can't comment on that. I'm assuming CS got proper permissions. But that is a different issue. 

I don't know.  It's pointless asking me, as this isn't me, it's others on the CS forum. 

All a waste of time like you say.  Buyer beware - make sure you know what you are buying, as simple as that. 

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, MarioDonick said:

Interesting, can this be read somewhere? 

It was in one of the long complaint threads on the official MSFS forum somewhere.  You will find it if you wade through the hundreds of comments on the CS B777 thread.

It was stated that a couple of the older developers (model makers) have departed, and there is someone left that just dabbles in a bit of xml now.

Seems to make sense, as there have been no new models for quite a while now, and the MSFS B777 is basically just a rehash / conversion of the old model that has been integrated with MSFS B747 systems and sound. 

Not much work in it really, as a lot of people have stated.  Some people say it is lazy.  I am not saying it is right, but it is just business.  you get some excellent developers, and some not so excellent.  As a customer, you simply do your research first and take your choice!  :smile:   

Although I think you need to separate the two things.  Whether or not the release was lazy is one thing, but then there was what even they are calling the 'liveries move', obviously as you can see, that is what most of the fallout was about.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1