Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

NO SHIPS OR BOATS

Hi! I have installed AI BOATS file recently according to the instructions of the author in to the community folder but no ships or boats could be seen any where. I also adjusted the slider as mentioned

by the author. Is there any tips that I missed to make it work . Please shed some lights on this issue kindly if you can. Thanks  

Are you talking about the shipping traffic mod?

Go into your community folder and  click on the folder that contains the boats.

Do you see a manifest.json file?  If not, the folder structure isn't right.

Also, the boats aren't actually everywhere. They are just on major shipping routes, big rivers, and busy ports.  You won't see them on smaller inland waterways or lakes for example.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Same here. Never saw a ship where it is said I should (Channel, Gibraltar etc.) . Thoroughly checked the installation. Even did a re-installation. I really liked this addon in P3D but nothing shows up in MSFS.

It seems that there is indeed something, a setting, in my MSFS which rejects the addon. I have browsed the forums over there to no success.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

For me it looks that the boats are only at the starting point.

Example: Landing in Panama-City near the channel where no boots and ships-nothing. Starting at the next day, a lots of boots and ships arround, later at this flight they are gone 😞

Stephan from Germany

My System

I must admit, it can seem to be a bit inconsistent.  Sometimes I see plenty, even in mid-ocean.  Other times it looks a bit bare.  When you do see them, the detail on some is superb.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

31 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

When you do see them, the detail on some is superb.

rubbing a little salt in our wound hey 🤣 ? 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Strange. I Always see ships..  

Started off in Cape May. Ship right off the point

Uvy737X.jpg

Slewed down to Delaware coast.. Ships

yqRRq4x.jpg

Slewed further down a ton. A whole group of ships

gFUFZyJ.jpg

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

5 minutes ago, styckx said:

Strange. I Always see ships..  

Same.  No problem with that mod at all.  

• Like 1

We should have wakes and water effects soon as well - even better then.

On this, the OP (MOD_FLYER) needs to come back to us.  If he can't see the manifest.json file in the right place, then they don't show.
I had this initially.  My manifest file was in the wrong folder.  There is no intrinsic bug that I know of that would stop them showing; it is just incorrect installation normally.
I am sure we can solve this for people if we dig a little.

Another obvious one is having shipping traffic set to 5% in the menus (as advised by the author).  Apparently, higher settings can cause problems.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Same here. Never saw a ship where it is said I should (Channel, Gibraltar etc.) . Thoroughly checked the installation. Even did a re-installation. I really liked this addon in P3D but nothing shows up in MSFS.

It seems that there is indeed something, a setting, in my MSFS which rejects the addon. I have browsed the forums over there to no success.

I used to have this add on working in the sim but in the last couple of months it just won't work.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

18 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

If he can't see the manifest.json file in the right place, then they don't show.

Can you please explain which place you exactly mean?

I had this one in the mainfolder where is also the layout.json. You mean this folder ?

Stephan from Germany

My System

On 6/4/2021 at 12:37 AM, bobcat999 said:

Are you talking about the shipping traffic mod?

Go into your community folder and  click on the folder that contains the boats.

Do you see a manifest.json file?  If not, the folder structure isn't right.

Also, the boats aren't actually everywhere. They are just on major shipping routes, big rivers, and busy ports.  You won't see them on smaller inland waterways or lakes for example.

Yes I can see this file -is last one of them all. I have tried different places at different times but no success Thanks

53 minutes ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Yes I can see this file -is last one of them all. I have tried different places at different times but no success Thanks

Do you have two folders in community for the ship traffic?

The original mods folder named GAIST_MSFS_V1  and the folder  gaist_msfs_v1_CVT_  ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Do you have two folders in community for the ship traffic?

The original mods folder named GAIST_MSFS_V1  and the folder  gaist_msfs_v1_CVT_  ?

I only have GAIST_MSFS_V1 

Dominique

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

I only have GAIST_MSFS_V1 

The ships in the original folder are not MSFS models.  Every time you discover a new ship it converts it to an MSFS friendly model and places them in the second folder i mentioned.  So somethings clearly preventing it from creating that second folder.

No idea why that is...  you should shoot a message to the author and see if he might have a clue.

• Like 2