Sign in to follow this  
ha5mvo

Enhanced road lights

I wonder what's peoples experience with this new feature.

I have the ORBX lights and didn't see a huge difference with this option enabled in either normal or dense setting. Furthermore, I kept getting plenty of DXGI hangs until I set the slider to off. 

To be fair, I can't say for sure this was the culprit as I changed some other things as well. Just wonder what others make of it being a new feature...

Edited by ha5mvo

They only show in complete darkness hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.. And in my opinion they do not dim enough as they get further away, but a nice addition.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

28 minutes ago, TurboKen said:

They only show in complete darkness hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.. And in my opinion they do not dim enough as they get further away, but a nice addition.

Could you please show us a picture of the road lights lighting up the clouds because I wasn't able to see that just yet. Even though I played around in time preview but didn't notice anything lighting up the skies... Or maybe I just have to look harder haha 😅

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

On 6/12/2021 at 5:45 AM, ha5mvo said:

I wonder what's peoples experience with this new feature.

I have the ORBX lights and didn't see a huge difference with this option enabled in either normal or dense setting. Furthermore, I kept getting plenty of DXGI hangs until I set the slider to off. 

To be fair, I can't say for sure this was the culprit as I changed some other things as well. Just wonder what others make of it being a new feature...

Hi, I ended up disabling them because of the slight performance hit but mostly because road lights will duplicate if you have Global installed. I like them, though because I set my autogen and draw distance to medium so ORBX lights don't go as far as the new p3d do. Another pro for me is that they are brighter which I like better. Cons, what turboken stated, they appear when it's too dark and the slight fps hit.

Sergio Naiberg

I like it and had it at sparse thou I disabled it as i did notice for eg at fsdt klax the lights came across the runways.

mike

21 hours ago, Balint Szarka said:

Could you please show us a picture of the road lights lighting up the clouds because I wasn't able to see that just yet. Even though I played around in time preview but didn't notice anything lighting up the skies... Or maybe I just have to look harder haha 😅

Wow lighting up the clouds? I didn't notice that. I will try some fog and see if it lights it up. But no I haven't seen that either.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

So what exactly are these road lights? Are they handled as autogen but with dynamic light properties? Do they light up the roads? Some shots that compare these new road lights with the road lights included with OrbX would be much appreciated!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, TurboKen said:

Wow lighting up the clouds? I didn't notice that. I will try some fog and see if it lights it up. But no I haven't seen that either.

I might be wrong in thinking that it does light up the skies but if it only adds dynamic lights to the roads then it’s not a big deal for me.

That was my interpretation of the road lights but I am seemingly wrong then. Most probably I am / was wrong haha 😆 

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

5 minutes ago, Balint Szarka said:

I might be wrong in thinking that it does light up the skies but if it only adds dynamic lights to the roads then it’s not a big deal for me.

That was my interpretation of the road lights but I am seemingly wrong then. Most probably I am / was wrong haha 😆 

I'll take a look, I think MSFS does that though. I haven't flown anything in at least 2 months since rebuilding my computer, been way too busy, until I DL ver 5.2 the other night.

• Like 1

what setting are you guys on for this?

any performance issues ?gpu or cpu intensive?

thanks

mike

sparse in p3d , together with a PESIM obyx lighting profile i downloaded to give it a try, hey it looks ok , not BM standard ofcourse but acceptable to me anyway and no way near as resource intensive as BM 

• Like 1

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

does anybody know if this setting is a hit on the GPU only, CPU only or a mixture?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The lights of the roads are BGL based 

They are not dynamic 

They do not light up the clouds (what you often see is the Moon Light is reflecting and somehow reflecting the downside of the clouds ...which is not correct)

The road lights are implemented to have any...for users who haven't ORBX BASE OR want them in addition to ORBX BASE. 

The road lights are still too FPS consuming compared to ORBX BASE Road lights (it's reported at LM)

But overall a small step in the right direction. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png