Sign in to follow this  
charliearon

Who wants to go for a ride in my new car?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Can you just imagine trying to get all the regulatory agencies in the United States to approve that? A large law firm's dream.

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

The linked article referred to a "video" but never posted it. Very disappointed! 😌

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There's video here:  

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

As crazy as many people are in a car I shudder to think how they will act in the air.😁

Bill W

• Like 1

Nothing new, we've been dreaming this for decades, same now as back then, still not feasible. But is has always been an amazing concept

290102_by_LV9334-emandujano_1456421211_3 

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1

Matthew Kane

3 hours ago, W2DR said:

There's video here:  

Thanks, Doug!  The video was further down the page!  Driving on the city streets and highway with his rear beacon lights flashing!  🤔

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Did y'all notice that the rear wheels appeared to be contra-rotating while in flight... 🙃

Fr. Bill    

I live in Texas where driving is a mystery to most people. I sure don't want these people flying over my head.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

I'll wait until Elon Musk comes out with a self-flying Tesla.

5 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

Nothing new, we've been dreaming this for decades, same now as back then, still not feasible. But is has always been an amazing concept

290102_by_LV9334-emandujano_1456421211_3 

Looks like an actual “predator” drone that captured a car.

• Like 4

Can you imagine several thousand of them commuting home from work in Los Angeles?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

18 hours ago, n4gix said:

Did y'all notice that the rear wheels appeared to be contra-rotating while in flight... 🙃

Better traction.  😉

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

17 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Can you imagine several thousand of them commuting home from work in Los Angeles?

Noel

Honestly, no I cannot so imagine. Where are they going to land other than at a small airport, which may or may not be all that close to where they actually live?

In addition, the added load on ATC would be ludicrous!

Fr. Bill    

53 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Noel

NO! 🙂