Sign in to follow this  
Slides

Do we need an Xbox subforum?

The Steam version and the MS version for PC are still the same version though. Xbox users definitely need their own sub forum.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

16 hours ago, Dillon said:

Most of them may just go to the FS forums and bypass Avsim altogether.  I'm wondering with great interest how the questions will be answered as to how to get add-ons/freeware that's not offered in the store downloaded and installed in the XBOX version.

These questions are already being answered, just not here. I don't think, except for the PC users here that have Xbox, you'll be seeing that group much here. The platform already gets grief here, and it hasn't even been released yet. But you can find them if you look, just not here! Like I said except for the PC users here that will run it on both platforms.

And the majority, or at least a lot of even heavy duty Xbox users are new to the sim and have to learn. I enjoy watching them try it out and learning, even if they screw up. I was new once, and in a lot of areas, I still am even after over 10 years. I tell you one thing, they can rock a freaking Xbox controller faster than I can a keyboard. It's amazing they are so used the them 🙂

Have fun Xbox MSFS users, and welcome to flight simulation.

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

16 hours ago, hansb57 said:

I think new users benefit the most by joining a group that has a lot of experience.

16 hours ago, eslader said:

If we shunt the Xbox guys into their own MSFS corner, they'll miss out on the long years of acquired knowledge the PC side has, and I don't think that would be particularly helpful or welcoming.

16 hours ago, hansb57 said:

Maybe best to see how it evolves and give a new generation users a change to learn from experienced members.

What makes you guys think that simmers who use MSFS 2020 are any less experienced than PC users?

???   I think I said that NEW xbox users might benefit from the flight sim experience that PC users gathered over a lot of years of flight simming. I feel flight simming is about the use and working of airplanes and not about the system it runs on.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Per the sticky at the top of the main forum, we're not supposed to be talking about hardware here, so the platform is therefor moot and you don't need a separate forum.  

Also, because VR is an option on Xbpx, but mentioning it or talking about it in the main thread is verboten, we'd have to have a separate VR sub-sub-forum in the main Xbox forum for the same reasons, and then we'd have two different VR sub-forums.

Can't we all just get along?

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Definately a sub forum purely down to the fact that some addons will not be available for the X Box version

• Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Or Avsim could make it mandatory to select a dropdown when creating a new topic - PC or XB.

That way when we see the list of topics the tags (perhaps a green tag with white text for xbox) will stand out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Can't we all just get along?

On Avsim? No. that's asking way too much. Xbox should have its own forum.

I also think the Xbox users should get their own sub forum.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 7/24/2021 at 1:42 AM, Ricardo41 said:

What makes you guys think that simmers who use MSFS 2020 are any less experienced than PC users?

What makes you think I think that?

If you mean why do I think new people coming here who just got MSFS on Xbox aren't' experienced simmers, I would think that fairly self-evident. If they were experienced simmers, they'd already have a flight simulator, probably either FSX/P3d, Xplane, or MSFS on PC.

I think Xbox players should have to wear a yellow X on their lapel.

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 minute ago, hansb57 said:

I think Xbox players should have to wear a yellow X on their lapel.

No, that would be too confusing for the xplane players.

Ian Box

On 7/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Totally different hardware and OS. 

Agreed, separate forum is a must. 

• Upvote 1

Eric