Sign in to follow this  
Slides

Do we need an Xbox subforum?

On 7/23/2021 at 9:58 AM, Bobsk8 said:

There will be most likely an X box Facebook Group, a reddit group, and Steam group, so the number of X box people joining Avsim, will most likely be a small minority. 

Let's hope. That is a totally different crowd of individuals who think flying under bridges and crashing into things are the best things to do with the sim.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

21 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

I think Xbox players should have to wear a yellow X on their lapel.

I agree. I also think players under 40 should have their own subforum, so that we can more easily identify who to look down on.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

A seperate thread for purely Xbox-specific issues or concerns might be a good idea, though it probably wouldn't be used all that much. Most of what people will want to talk about would be covered here, the PC and Xbox version will be synced in updates and there seems to be very little difference aside from some UI and control implementations.

50 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I agree. I also think players under 40 should have their own subforum, so that we can more easily identify who to look down on.

It's just fear that they dont want X-boxers here. Young kids that are to smart and ask to many relevant questions.

• Like 3

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

On 7/24/2021 at 6:00 AM, Dave_YVR said:

The Steam version and the MS version for PC are still the same version though. Xbox users definitely need their own sub forum.

On 7/23/2021 at 2:40 PM, Bobsk8 said:

Totally different hardware and OS. 

The Xbox and PC versions are the same engine with the same content, according to Asobo there are only a few very minor differences in the back end mostly relating to one being on DX12 and the other on DX11. As for hardware, the Xbox is basically made out of PC hardware. We don't have a seperate Xplane forum for people using it on Mac or Linux, this is no different.

I think some of you PC peeps need to get out of the PC mindset, no Xbox user is going to be discussing hardware beyond peripherals with confirmed or speculated Xbox compatibility. Nor are they going to be discussing all the mods to configuration files that PC users do. And they definitely won't be talking about slider settings. Console is almost a sterile environment, very controlled (read: nice easy simple life)

So in summary, Xbox doesn't need separating out because there will be very few Xbox exclusive issues (perhaps some UI differences and Xbox controller things?). Most Xbox users are not going to come to some dowdy old forum full of us whining oldies anyway - and I suspect that suits most of you.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 6

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

What everyone has said about the XBox version being almost identical to the PC version is correct, modulo the configuration changes needed to fit the console environment.    Starting tomorrow they will run the same code, just in two different build targets, and on the same general type of hardware.

I would be very hesitant to segregate an possibly incipient community without need, it'd be a great way to create a forum ghetto.   If it turns out there is an excess of XBox related traffic choking out other discussions here, it might be something to be considered then.   But, honestly, I'd welcome some XBox folks posting questions we know the answer to over yet another round of "why MSFS sucks/rules and everything else rules/sucks."

• Like 6

like xbox crowd sees AVSIM as a good place to communicate ..seriously guys. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Are their going to be endless arguments between xboxers and pc users over which is best for running MSFS.

11 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Are their going to be endless arguments between xboxers and pc users over which is best for running MSFS?

Of course. You've been here long enough to know that.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The only problem I'm afraid of is that the forum will be cluttered with endless questions of basic stuff.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

44 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

The only problem I'm afraid of is that the forum will be cluttered with endless questions of basic stuff.

No change there then. 😄

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

9 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

That would be the Covid safe thing to do.

That younger Xbox crowd are an unruly lot who need to be isolated for the safety of the community.

• Like 2

Don't fret. The Google search for help will bring them here, but the toxicity will make their stay brief. 

• Upvote 2