Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Stuck loading

I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction...I installed SU5 and when loading a flight in the CRJ, I am at the loading screen forever.  I haven't gotten past that one.  Maybe I am being impatient, but it has been like 10 minutes after i had that happen previously where I restarted the PC.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction...I installed SU5 and when loading a flight in the CRJ, I am at the loading screen forever.  I haven't gotten past that one.  Maybe I am being impatient, but it has been like 10 minutes after i had that happen previously where I restarted the PC.  Anyone else experiencing this?

clear out your community folder likely a conflict

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Does that mean i would need to reinstall everything that is in there?  What is the best way to do that?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Just now, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just now, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Does that mean i would need to reinstall everything that is in there?  What is the best way to do that?

I seem to remember that the first load of the CRJ does take forever, they put text at the bottom of the loading screen warning as such.

Maybe the update has reset it so its like loading it for the first time.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Just now, Tom Wright said:

I seem to remember that the first load of the CRJ does take forever, they put text at the bottom of the loading screen warning as such.

Maybe the update has reset it so its like loading it for the first time.

Possibly... I don' think i recall it taking that long when I first loaded it in previous versions. 

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Does that mean i would need to reinstall everything that is in there?  What is the best way to do that?  I guess i just want to make sure I do everything correctly without have to lose all of my files and also take a lot of time to reinstall everything manually 

Try removing the BIJAN season pack if you have that installed. An update was released because it was giving users the same problem. 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

10 hours ago, Alcides Segovia said:

Try removing the BIJAN season pack if you have that installed. An update was released because it was giving users the same problem. 

I don't have the Bijan seasons... any other potential causes that people have reported?

My "stuck update" problem is really ridiculous. The download gets to almost 100% but hangs on the last file, which keeps trying to load but doesn't quite get there! My Community folder is empty. Any ideas?

22 minutes ago, cobalt said:

My "stuck update" problem is really ridiculous. The download gets to almost 100% but hangs on the last file, which keeps trying to load but doesn't quite get there! My Community folder is empty. Any ideas?

you are not alone some problem is here.I have no idea.whats going on 😡

rename the community folder, restart the PC, and see what happens. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

56 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

rename the community folder, restart the PC, and see what happens. 

If I rename the folder to "Community 2" or something, restart and load, wouldn't that mean that if I get past where it freezes and load the sim, all of my addons would be gone?

I was finally able to complete the update by going into Packages/Official/OneStore and deleting the last file folder (an idea suggested by someone earlier in this forum). We should not have to go through all this stuff just to get an update, but I have to say, the performance improvement is incredible.

Just rename the community folder and create a new, empty one. Start the game. Next start you can reverse that, usually you don't have anymore problems.