Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Vote if you don't like automatic pushback @ cold & dark

10 hours ago, DAD said:

always here. happens if AI Comm is enabled. Is that disabled on your side? Would explain why auto pushback is not initiated for you

Then turn it off till you are ready to need to use it. 

Thats what i do. I always start cold and dark and one of the first things i do is check to make sure the co pilot ai (AKA motormouth) is disabled until i am ready for him to start talking (usually after filing the FP and getting the AC ready for departure).

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

14 hours ago, Maxis said:

Then turn it off till you are ready to need to use it. 

Thats what i do. I always start cold and dark and one of the first things i do is check to make sure the co pilot ai (AKA motormouth) is disabled until i am ready for him to start talking (usually after filing the FP and getting the AC ready for departure).

The main problem is that all of the AI options are remembered from one flight to the next, so that if comms or piloting are not explicitly switched off at the end of a flight the next flight will start with them enabled. This is not too serious with comms, as you can open the menu and switch it off before flipping the battery switches, or whatever, but if you have left piloting on this will take over as soon as you click 'ready to fly'.

Now, some may say just make sure you turn it off at the end of a flight, but at the moment a CTD could prevent that and you still have to go through the process of starting the flight, switching off the AI functions, and restarting the flight, to get a true cold-and-dark experience. If all AI options defaulted to off for a cold-and-dark start then this would make things far more usable.

Ian Box

1 hour ago, ConstVoid said:

Now, some may say just make sure you turn it off at the end of a flight, but at the moment a CTD could prevent that and you still have to go through the process of starting the flight, switching off the AI functions, and restarting the flight, to get a true cold-and-dark experience.

If you did not have the opportunity to turn off the AI stuff due to a CTD, then on next start up go to Options, Assistance and turn them off there. Then set up your next flight as usual.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

3 hours ago, ConstVoid said:

The main problem is that all of the AI options are remembered from one flight to the next, so that if comms or piloting are not explicitly switched off at the end of a flight the next flight will start with them enabled. This is not too serious with comms, as you can open the menu and switch it off before flipping the battery switches, or whatever, but if you have left piloting on this will take over as soon as you click 'ready to fly'.

Now, some may say just make sure you turn it off at the end of a flight, but at the moment a CTD could prevent that and you still have to go through the process of starting the flight, switching off the AI functions, and restarting the flight, to get a true cold-and-dark experience. If all AI options defaulted to off for a cold-and-dark start then this would make things far more usable.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I just got an unexpected CTD after landing at JFK Last night. So i can see where this scenario may apply especially for the AI auto piloting. Maybe down the line they change it to default to off instead of saving the last AI state.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, JimBrown said:

If you did not have the opportunity to turn off the AI stuff due to a CTD, then on next start up go to Options, Assistance and turn them off there. Then set up your next flight as usual.

...jim

Thanks Jim. I have to say that after setting most Assistance options off on day one I haven't really looked at that page. I'll give it a try.

Ian Box

7 hours ago, Maxis said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I just got an unexpected CTD after landing at JFK Last night. So i can see where this scenario may apply especially for the AI auto piloting. Maybe down the line they change it to default to off instead of saving the last AI state.

And then there will be complaints from those that want the last AI state saved. 😉

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:03 PM, Bobsk8 said:

and you would not need the blue arrows. 

Only for those who have charts. I like my blue arrows thank you.

17 hours ago, ConstVoid said:

The main problem is that all of the AI options are remembered from one flight to the next, so that if comms or piloting are not explicitly switched off at the end of a flight the next flight will start with them enabled.

Not if you turn them off in the assistance menu.

Edited by Tuskin38

On 8/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, SierraDelta said:

If only people would learn to read posts in full before replying ... 3 unnecessary posts in this thread alone.

Well you read the edited version.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 8/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, SierraDelta said:
Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well you read the edited version.

No David, I read and replied (as did you and others) before Phil edited the original post to highlight that the issue was dependent on AI Comms being enabled - check the timestamps.

Just to set the record straight, all water under the bridge by now 🙂 

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models