Sign in to follow this  
virtuali

GSX 2.9.4 update for P3D5 - Multi-liveries

24 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

Also after restarting P3D ?

My GSX disappeard all time after restarting P3D 🙂

It looks like a temporary workaround for me is to delete the /Program Data/Virtuali folder or run the FSDT Live Update before starting P3D.  

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Yeah thats working but If you are chaning the Aircraft after P3D loads (like i do) the GSX stuff goes into restart mode and stuck there again 😞

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Well, this update is a disaster for me. I can install and it shows up the first time after I start P3D, with all the menu options and my purchases showing active. I can even get a window on the default flight. But switch airplanes and I can't get a window although my products are still showing activated. Then it gets worse. Restart the sim and now I'm back to addon manager only in the menu and everything is back to trial mode. I have disabled all anti-virus, excluded every folder I could track down with Virtuali stuff, deleted the folder with the meta.txt file and I'm all out of tricks. My frustration is tempting me to say that as much as I have enjoyed GSX, the PITA factor has finally tipped with this update. Guess I'll do without until they fix it.

• Upvote 2

I have the same issue - would have posted on the FSDT Forum but waiting for registration approval.

GSX Menu appears on first run and disappears on change of location or P3D restart.

Solution at the moment:

Use Task Manager to kill the Couatl scripting engine after closing P3D - it doesn't seem to stop on its own

and as mentioned above - delete the C:\ProgramData\Virtualli\Couatl folder

Rinse and repeat until this is fixed

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

2 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Rinse and repeat until this is fixed

Maybe we have different problems. I literally have to reinstall through live update every time just to get to the point where I can lose functionality beyond the default jet on the runway. If anyone has a work-around for that, I'll be happy to try. Correction: I will try with gratitude for the peer support 🙂

You are seeing Trial Mode because the Couatl engine isn't working properly and isn't reporting the correct status - this caught me out for a while.

For the moment I have uninstalled GSX.  Its meant to be a flight simulator not a frustration simulator.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TonyD said:

For the moment I have uninstalled GSX.  Its meant to be a flight simulator not a frustration simulator.

Don't worry, we are having our share of CTD frustrations with the latest two MSFS updates as well. Nobody's perfect...

Jokes apart, I can only confirm I cannot replicate the problem but, it seems that removing the airport cache before each start seems to fix the problem, for all those affected so, even if I have no idea why this happens and why it only happens to some users but, at least, we know where to *start* troubleshooting it.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Its meant to be a flight simulator not a frustration simulator.

Ah, that made me laugh. Words to live by. If only my frustration were simulated, not stimulated.

17 minutes ago, virtuali said:

removing the airport cache before each start

Sincere thanks for the response. Please advise where the airport cache is, exactly and I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Okay, never mind, I found that C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\prepar3Dv5 in the addon What worked for me is to not start the default flight, but change airplanes and location immediately. So, services went as normal, plus some new paint jobs on the vehicles, which is welcome. If you can't delete the folder, you have to go in through task manager and kill the Coautl scripting engine or it will prohibit you from deleting it.

Umberto I am sure you will get it fixed - it worked before, it will work again.  After 25 years of flight simming its amazing I have any hair left at all 😄

13 hours ago, virtuali said:

Hello to all,

we released today GSX 2.9.4 for Prepar3D V5. This update adds support for multi-liveries in P3D V5, which was missing until today because in P3D V4 it required DirectX 11. While it's not true RTT support, it will allow to have all 200+ ground operators, catering and jetway logos in P3D V5, with the ability to choose any of them in GSX parking customization page, overriding the default choice made by GSX.

To get the update, just run the FSDT Live Updater ( Couatl_updater.exe in Addon Manager folder, if you lost its icon ) from the Desktop icon.

This is a mess now. I've just tried to launch KJFK and I get an error message as it loads up "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run Live Update" I've run live update twice and nothing is working. I currently have the following at KJFK which was FINE until your update. https://imgur.com/dihIdBL How do I get jetways back now?? 

Please allow me to get back to the way things were before this disastrous update.

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

18 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Please allow me to get back to the way things were before this disastrous update.

If, instead of posting here, which is NOT the FSDT support forum, so you are making me work overtime and overnight ( it's 01:32 AM here ), just to check two places at the same time, you checked our forum, you would have know that kind of problem was likely THIS one, in a thread aptly named "unrecoverable error", here's a likely explanation, with possible solution to fix some profiles made with a fairly old GSX version:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167546.html#msg167546

And, please don't reply here. Only reply on the FSDT support forum, and consider the timezones. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, virtuali said:

If, instead of posting here, which is NOT the FSDT support forum, so you are making me work overtime and overnight ( it's 01:32 AM here ), just to check two places at the same time, you checked our forum, you would have know that kind of problem was likely THIS one, in a thread aptly named "unrecoverable error", here's a likely explanation, with possible solution to fix some profiles made with a fairly old GSX version:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167546.html#msg167546

And, please don't reply here. Only reply on the FSDT support forum, and consider the timezones. 

With all due respect, it's 12.37am where I am. I have tried to use my paid for product and it's not working properly because of your update. 

64.0 GB RAM

4 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

With all due respect, it's 12.37am where I am. I have tried to use my paid for product and it's not working properly because of your update. 

With all due respect, you are playing, I am working to support you.  And by cross-posting here and on our forum too, you are needlessly double the workload for no advantage, except you'll likely delay a forthcoming fix, because I'm spending twice the time I should, to check two forums at the same time.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, virtuali said:

With all due respect, you are playing, I am working to support you. 

Wow. Customer service at its finest.

I've tried to follow the post you put on your forums but its not clear what to do. There is clearly an issue that many of us are having, but I can't quite follow what the fix is?

64.0 GB RAM

1 minute ago, BWBriscoe said:

Wow. Customer service at its finest.

That's exactly what it is, working for your at insane hours trying to help you. Thank you very much.

1 minute ago, BWBriscoe said:

I've tried to follow the post you put on your forums but its not clear what to do. There is clearly an issue that many of us are having, but I can't quite follow what the fix is?

So you posted here, expecting a reply to explain you better what I said on our forum ? That's a cross-posting nightmare! If something posted on our forum wasn't exactly clear, the obvious place to ask for clarification should have been the same forum.

So, again, PLEASE, stop posting here and continue on our forum, where I already asked you what information you need to provide to confirm if the solution posted there IS in fact the one you need.

• Like 5