Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 30th, 2021 - Development Update

I’m a bit confused about Beta process. I would be so happy if someone make my mind clear.

I have all MSFS files installed in standart file locations (Not custom file locations).

For this reason If I opted in Beta as far as I understood I likely have to reinstall all MSFS after official release of SIM Update 6 ?

Did I get it correct ? Can somebody explain ? Kind regards.

Faruk IŞIK

28 minutes ago, Tayyareci said:

I’m a bit confused about Beta process. I would be so happy if someone make my mind clear.

I have all MSFS files installed in standart file locations (Not custom file locations).

For this reason If I opted in Beta as far as I understood I likely have to reinstall all MSFS after official release of SIM Update 6 ?

Did I get it correct ? Can somebody explain ? Kind regards.

that is what i understood too

Carsten U

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

And now all references to 3rd party avionics developers is not just not planned. It is no longer mentioned.  Garmin GNS/GTN/Avidyne IFD....  This is certainly not a product suitable for training.

In the Dev Q&A whey said Working Title is adressing all these items, and it will be implemented in the future, so all RW functionality can be used in all GPS and FMC as intended. It will still take some time.

• Like 2

http://dc2-fs.com

sigimavsim.JPG

Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.

No DC3 without the DC2

As I see it, we Steam users are again excluded from the beta (I wouldn't find time this round anyway, but still). I hope we poor Steamers will be admitted when it comes to the extended 3000 souls betas, should this ever materialize.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Tayyareci said:

Unfortunately that is correct, it is a bug and I've experienced this twice so far, with the Sim Update 4 & 5 betas (oddly I had no issues with the World Update 4 beta). And since your content is likely installed into the WpSystem directory, it means that you cannot back it up before the release of Sim Update 6 triggers its deletion.

Unless you are fine with reinstalling the simulator from scratch when Sim Update 6 officially drops, I would recommend not opting into the beta. I don't think it's possible to move the content to a custom path either, so if you do decide to opt-in, make sure to download it anywhere outside the WpSystem folder and you'll be able to avoid such issues in the future.

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

As I see it, we Steam users are again excluded from the beta (I wouldn't find time this round anyway, but still). I hope we poor Steamers will be admitted when it comes to the extended 3000 souls betas, should this ever materialize.

Agreed, it is unfortunate that they still haven't found a way to do that (apparently a Steam beta was planned for Sim Update 5 but they had to cancel it for some unknown reason). It would also be helpful for us Microsoft Store users, because a separate install wouldn't interfere with our default one, and we could compare between live and beta easily.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Replay system could slip to 2022

From what I understood watching the Q&A, we might get the dev version before the end of the year and user friendly one sometime in 2022.

Takes a really long time, I hope it will be awesome, with features like rewind similar to Forza, smooth slow motion, ghost mode, video file output, telemetry screen with data, trajectory, touchdown speed, etc

• Like 1

just joined:

"Welcome to the Microsoft Flight Simulator - Sim Update VI preview!" 😀

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

just joined:

"Welcome to the Microsoft Flight Simulator - Sim Update VI preview!" 😀

I've just joined the Beta as well, pleased as I didn't get the promised automatic invite last time with being in the previous Beta's.

Edited by eaim1973
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

My Gamepass sub has expired, so I won't be able to test this time. I own the steam version.

Edited by Tuskin38

17 hours ago, mikeymike said:

word not allowed shame that opening up weather systems to 3rd party devs is not planned.

mike

They said during the Q&A they're looking into it. Guess that never got to whoever updates the wishlist.

That can't allow third parties to read the live weather because it's all proprietary data from Meteoblue, it's licesensed. They need to find a way to only send that data to planes, and not allow users to access it raw.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, eaim1973 said:

I've just joined the Beta as well, pleased as I didn't get the promised automatic invite last time with being in the previous Beta's.

Good ! Now we know whom to blame if there are problems 😉 !

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Now we know whom to blame if there are problems

you mean those who ignored the beta testers bug reports?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Personally, I have found the first hotfix afterwards to be the most satisfying.  Any date for that yet? :biggrin: [runs for cover...]

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

you mean those who ignored the beta testers bug reports?

I am not worried, all the beta-testers have sworn on their preferred joystick  to go on a hunger strike if the bugs they report are not dealt with !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

17 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

They said during the Q&A they're looking into it. Guess that never got to whoever updates the wishlist.

That can't allow third parties to read the live weather because it's all proprietary data from Meteoblue, it's licesensed. They need to find a way to only send that data to planes, and not allow users to access it raw.

This is a pity. In FSX external programs were able to get weather data via SimConnect and FSUIPC. For example Radar Contact used that to assign runways in use (if it couldn't detect that by active AI traffic) and to provide its ATIS information. If it will only be available to the aircraft systems/gauges that's a major restriction.

Ian Box