Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Sim update 6 tomorrow 19 Oktober

12 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m flying off to Hungary for the first time since the pandemic, so, will let you all discover this new update, and I’ll download it once I’m back. Of course I’ll check In here for a laugh/to see how it’s gone later in the week 😉 

You'll be back in time for the hotfix though👍  Have a good trip

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I hope everyone's ready to complain that issues which were never slated to be fixed have indeed not been fixed!😇

How about the fan boys insisting that nothing was broken with the update that worked fine before the update?  Ya think they will be any of that?  Huh?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

before this update is over, will be reinstalling windows....

not to forget those " thats it, I have had it, I am back to xplane/P3D/fsx"

that will solve all your MSFS issues, once and for all.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Does anyone know the size of the upcoming Hotfix #1 for SU6? 😆

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I fully expect INPUT.KEY_MENU_WM_ZOOM_DECR to be gone from my World menu.. 🙂

.. or I will complain!

Gee Bert, I like INPUT.KEY_MENU_WM_ZOOM_DECR - it's one of the few parts of the sim that works 100% of the time!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

SU6 did NOT hotfix itself! 😊

-B

7 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

In preparation for the update I will do nothing - other than try to get in a few hours of flight simming this evening.  For the record, I have never disabled add-ons when doing an update (and I have 300Gb of add-ons in my Community folder) and never experienced a single issue with an update.  The simple fact is the update process does not touch the Community folder.  Of course, there are have been many 3rd party mods (along with core components of MSFS) that have been "broken" by sim updates, but that is an entirely different discussion and those issues are generally sorted out quickly with mod updates from those developers.

Let the record show that PlumCrazy has never disabled any addons when doing an update, and he has 300 GB in his Community folder. 

Since he has never experienced any issues while updating, this proves it's safe to make no preparations - despite many people having issues with updates, and that Microsoft / Asobo recommends renaming or cleaning out Community folder before updating. 

Good for you 👍

... I also flew quite a lot today, because the sim might be broken tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

Does anyone know the size of the upcoming Hotfix #1 for SU6?

yes, everybody in the SU6 beta. does that answer your question?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I fully expect INPUT.KEY_MENU_WM_ZOOM_DECR to be gone from my World menu.. 

I don't even understand what the heck that does -- nothing happens when I click on it.

Al

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Gee Bert, I like INPUT.KEY_MENU_WM_ZOOM_DECR - it's one of the few parts of the sim that works 100% of the time!

If you reset your key bindings to default it should fix that weirdness.

You will of course have to go in and re-apply any custom key bindings you had set up, but the weird message will be gone.

32 minutes ago, ark said:

I don't even understand what the heck that does -- nothing happens when I click on it.

Al

It is supposed to show the key binding you have manually set for zooming the world map - except there is no keybinding option to manually set - it defaults to the mouse wheel and that is all you can do.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

Reading this thread, it seems that complains about so-called complainers and whiners have already started. I'll keep my pop corn ready.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 hours ago, edpatino said:

To speed things up they first will release the Hotfix and then a week later SU6 …. 🥳

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The fact that I have not read any 'I heard it on the grapevine' comments from any potential beta tester or their distant cousin tells me that this is going to be a good update.

The only comment I have seen was a very vague hint from what I guess was a beta tester (or their sneaky distant cousin) that night lighting apparantly is improved.

If it was going to be a disappointing I am sure someone somwhere would have already hinted at it.

I have a positive feeling for this one. And just to be clear I am not a beta tester nor am I a distant cousin of one 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Republic3D said:

Let the record show that PlumCrazy has never disabled any addons when doing an update, and he has 300 GB in his Community folder. 

Since he has never experienced any issues while updating, this proves it's safe to make no preparations - despite many people having issues with updates, and that Microsoft / Asobo recommends renaming or cleaning out Community folder before updating. 

Good for you 👍

... I also flew quite a lot today, because the sim might be broken tomorrow. 

Yep Just wrapped up Hamburg to Farnborough in G-KELT .. some VIP had a meeting and needed to get back to London before sunrise, Loved the IFR conditions most of the flight .. saw nothing until close to minimums at night.. Keeps you on your toes.

Hopefully nothing i deem essential gets broken tomorrow. Been enjoying the sim since the last hotfix.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders