Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

MSFS Game of the Year Edition....

6 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I just want a hi fidelity airliner for Christmas.

Same! I’ve been enjoying some GA flying with the sim but I’m now ready for at least one high fidelity airliner to show up!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

6 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Same! I’ve been enjoying some GA flying with the sim but I’m now ready for at least one high fidelity airliner to show up!

Same here, and the continuing silence from all those planned ( despite the odd quote) is begining to look like we may not have one. I think SU5 did far more damage than was thought.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 1x 2tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial 4tb Nvme M2 Drive

14 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I just want a hi fidelity airliner for Christmas.

Isn't the Bredock B737 enough for you?  I mean, it's sold through the official MSFS marketplace.  It has engine noises and everything, including 247 repaints at flightsim.to.  😝

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

36 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

nope

Not a lovely move from Microsoft. Giving away free  an aircraft already sold by Milviz, and then probably cutting their sales to a trickle, and  already in development by an indie. Bad manners.

Thats actually a huge compliment to Asobo. How many C172 addons are out there yet almost all sims come with a default one. So the mere threat of a default one being added to the sim that they made makes addon developers do an early release of their Porter to try and gain sales to only later addon the other phase seems to be a testament to the high quality of default planes in MSFS. Additionally how long have we been asking for sims to come more complete as so we dont have to buy additional addons and when they do we get a post like this. I tell ya this, if it was an A2A Porter there would be no worry from a default one so it just goes to say the lack of quality of an addon if its sales are threaten by a default or free one.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Anyway, isn't this done by the respected Cub Crafters outfit?

yeah I know but I am a traditionalist, a tricycle Cub, hmmm... It sound like an undervitamined 172 to me. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, Ident said:

. Additionally how long have we been asking for sims to come more complete as so we dont have to buy additional addons  

1/ We ? Wrong target 😄. I have never ever asked for more default aircraft so not to have to buy additional addons. On the contrary, I have   always been a  big fan of third party payware aircraft even when they are high priced.  Let me be clear. I do not mind at all  that they release a Porter, I do mind that they release it free, killing another guy's business.  

2/ The Porter is not an Asobo default. it very much sounds like the bird Marcel Felde never finished for Aerosoft (a reasonable conjecture) taken over by two well known Aerosoft developers, Hartman and Metzger (fact).

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes the GOTY is free , but shiny new AC and new payware airports ; all I know is my wallet will be lighter . 😀

• Like 2

Am I the only one who can't get the tiniest bit excited about this upgrade unless it contains something I have missed?  I certainly have no intention of air racing.

In contrast all the world updates have been excellent and given me hours of pleasure.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

nope

Not a lovely move from Microsoft. Giving away free  an aircraft already sold by Milviz, and then probably cutting their sales to a trickle, and  already in development by an indie. Bad manners.

I welcome the GOTY Porter.

I appreciate complex systems,  but personally I find Mil-Viz MSFS products visually unappealing.    

• Like 1

The only technical advancement will be DX12 implementation. Yet to see if it will be a big advancement for users or not.....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

Am I the only one who can't get the tiniest bit excited about this upgrade unless it contains something I have missed?  I certainly have no intention of air racing.

In contrast all the world updates have been excellent and given me hours of pleasure.

You're getting a free update, for crying out loud and judging by all of the new add-ons quite a bit of new functionality.

Doesn't that excite you?

A good question about moddable default planes.

Announcer shouting from the speaker at Reno: "Here comes that funny purple Savage Cub zooming past those P51s again"!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

will be interested to try the F-18, although weapons won't be allowed on it - so not sure how this will work with the Top Gun addon

That'll tie in with the new movie, Top Winchester, with its theme song: Highway To The Not Particularly Dangerous Zone.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, edpatino said:

Including the hotfix for SU6, the rest is just fancy stuff... well, I have to say..., in my opinion.

Why are you lot so ungreatful. Lets not forget only the Microsoft product stack makes this game possible, on top of that they are dedicated to a 10 year development cycle with regular updates and news reports. It's a fantastic time in simulation right now for me personally and the updates in the GOTY edition are considerable and delivered my many different teams other than Microsoft and Asobo for completely free. Please show some respect!

• Like 4