Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

First time Ive been hit by a car in 63 years

Yes, yes Rob, those alien time travelling con ladies can easily fool we primitive humans.

As for your chiller, very impresive, but all I need for my new build is my trusty NH-D15S Chromax. For I am otherwise known as "Noctua boy". 👍

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

A cruiser, I went thru a cruiser stage also, started with Suzuki 800 Intruder, then went up to a 1400 Intruder ... those thumpers have some torque.  Your bike looks cherry condition!  How was it on longer rides?  Looks very comfortable.

It was very comfortable and cruised very nicely. I had previously owned a Honda 350cc and that POS vibrated way too much for any type of comfort. I rode my Suzuki from Gainsville to my parent's home in Ft. Myers Beach just about every weekend.

The picture is the closest example of my actual bike. But yes, when I finally sold it, it was just as pristine as this one! I really would have loved owning a Honda Goldwing, but it remained way out of my budget, even used... <sigh> 🤑

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

(I always think of Germany and Belgium as one country but apparently that's a major NO NO)

According to my Mom and Aunt there are two Belgiums, the Flemish who live in the north and the Waloons who live in the south.  The Flemish speak Flemis and the Waloons speak French.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

OK, here was my last bike before I decided it was time to not kill myself!   I did have saddlebags, crash-bars and a full, clear windscreen on the front.  Got 'er up to 95 miles an hour on the San Mateo Bridge for a quick burst of speed!

hond.jpg

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

You mean like this (at 13:59 min):

Hi Rob, I guess your link didn't come through, but I found this video on YouTube:

Ironically, happened on Southwest Airlines, which became successful by copying PSA's business model.

9 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Anyway on YouTube search for "74 Gear" his latest video, it's pretty funny.

😂😆😂👍