Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

DRATS!!!!! FOILED AGAIN!!!!!

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.  And then the Lord God leaned back in his recliner and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Yesterday afternoon Betty said she was going to the beauty shop and her hair done.

When she came home I made a point to say, "Gee sweetheart, your hair looks nice.  They did a good job."

She gave me the 'look' and said, "The beauty shop was crowded and I didn't want to wait.  You didn't noticed anything, you just said that.  I made an appointment for tomorrow."

Fifty eight years and I still can't get it right.  What am I supposed to say when she comes this afternoon?  Her hair always looks the same.  How am I supposed to know?

Several years ago I had a nice beard.  One afternoon I shaved it off.  Three days later I asked Betty if she noticed anything different about me.  She looked at me and said no.  I told her I shaved off my beard.  She looked again and said, Oh, yeah." and went right back to reading her book.

And then the Lord God leaned back in his recliner and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Noel 

• Like 5

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

At least once a week, I have to go through what Honest Abe had to deal with: