Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

FlightSimStudios Halifax Stanfield Int'l (CYHZ) released

Hi everyone,

The product doesn't feature the new cargo area as currently the latest sources of data available for the airport are from May 2021. We don't have enough photographic material to model the area accurately (In fact, I'm not even sure if the new cargo terminal is completed?). 

The product was released as an accurate representation of Halifax airport as of late 2020, before construction started on the new cargo terminal. As new material is made available, updates will be made for both the MSFS and P3D products to add recent changes to the airport. In general, if there is active construction going on, you shouldn't expect that the airport accurately represents the changes on the initial release. Development for an airport of this size usually takes around a year. When development begins, we use whatever references are available at that time. This also happened with our Vancouver product, as the new Apron 6 wasn't featured on the initial release, but it was added just a few weeks afterwards. 

Gabriel,

FSimStudios

Edited by fsimstudios_
  • Like 9

The last time I drove by YHZ I don’t recall seeing a new cargo building completed but I’m going by tomorrow morning so I’ll have a look.  The building and ramp used by FedEx/CargoJet is certainly there and well modelled.  

I own the MSFS version of this, not the P3D version, but assuming similarity between the two I can certainly say this is the best version of my home airport currently available.  I was a huge fan of Simaddons YHZ, flew into it more than any other airport in FSX/P3D, but the detail and texture work of the FSim version is miles ahead.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It was nice flying in there in this new release tonight on vatsim.  Lot's of traffic.  Was getting a windshear alert in my md-88

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I was hoping to do the same but our youngest got her first vaccination today. Dad care duty won out 🙂

Dan

• Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

51 minutes ago, micstatic said:

It was nice flying in there in this new release tonight on vatsim.  Lot's of traffic.  Was getting a windshear alert in my md-88

Weather here was/is a mess tonight, lots of heavy rain and thunderstorm cells moving through.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I will be buying this scenery soon. I have to pay for some other things first though.

• Like 2

@fsimstudios_Instant buy here - as it was one of the main alternates for our next aircraft title. It's a superb looking scenery, thank you! 

Just missing Gander now 🙂

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

18 hours ago, MachTwo said:

@fsimstudios_Instant buy here - as it was one of the main alternates for our next aircraft title. It's a superb looking scenery, thank you! 

Just missing Gander now 🙂

That is a good trivia question. Which aircraft used Halifax as an alternate airport? I guessed it was the Concorde or could it be the A330? :biggrin:

• Like 1

anybody tried this version of St. Johns?

https://secure.simmarket.com/grand-island-sim-st-johns-p3d4.phtml

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

anybody tried this version of St. Johns?

https://secure.simmarket.com/grand-island-sim-st-johns-p3d4.phtml

I was looking at that as well.... tempted!

Dan

• Like 1

Dan Pergau - PPL-SEL

I7-10700k, RTX4070, 32gb-3200mhz | Dell U3415W | Saitek Pro Pedals & Logitech 3D Extreme | - PMDG Boeings, iFly MAX, Fenix A320, Leonardo MadDog and Majestic Q400 | P3Dv5 & MSFS

I’ve seen the Concorde land here but Halifax is also a popular diversion for trans-Atlantic aircraft of all shapes and sizes.

In terms of the new cargo building, yes much to my surprise it was there when i drove by yesterday and looks more or less complete…not sure how I didn’t notice it before.

Dave

Nobody owns St. Johns by Grand Isle?

14 hours ago, Samaritano said:

That is a good trivia question. Which aircraft used Halifax as an alternate airport? I guessed it was the Concorde or could it be the A330? :biggrin:

It's the Concorde. Notice he said "was" and not "is". 

Eric 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Nobody owns St. Johns by Grand Isle?

Maybe because it's priced like Flytampa's most expensive titles, but not necessarily looks like this level of production?