Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

"X-Plane 12 Airports Teased on Scenery Gateway"

I see one airport which looks reasonable. Is this standard going to be universal or limited to specific airports?

These cameos of some MSFS advocates while PMDG is slowly shutting the door on their final hopes are rather known to happen.

Question is if we keep the intentional lies and misinformation about x-plane hanging here to be absrobed by innocent others. So either threads will be derailed or mods can finally truely act and ask for proofs.

Edited by mtaxp

9 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Makes one wonder why is an airport gateway like in x-plane is one of the most requested features in the other one does not it?

Why?

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

2 minutes ago, rka said:

Why?

Same reason as your comment. I'm just not hiding behind my true intentiones to fix every intentional wrong statement made by you or the other one.

11 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

These cameos of some MSFS advocates while PMDG is slowly shutting the door on their final hopes are rather known to happen.

Question is if we keep the intentional lies and misinformation about x-plane hanging here to be absrobed by innocent others. So either threads will be derailed or mods can finally truely act and ask for proofs.

Indeed. I'm so looking forward to XP12 and to be able to fly the airliners I have bought for XP11 with visuals equal to MSFS. But where is XP12? Seems to be a long time coming? Hope it's worth the wait.

Edited by jarmstro

8 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Same reason as your comment. I'm just not hiding behind my true intentiones to fix every intentional wrong statement made by you or the other one.

What I meant was why you were wondering. It's obvious IMO why people want a gatewaylike thing.

The point was that there is teasing with pics, followed by the usual disclaimer that you can't expect this from the sim itself unless you or others are willing to jump in and do it themselves.

I just don't think it should be done this way. When I bought XP11, it said something like "10.000 detailed 3d airports". I found out quite soon that there may well be 10.000 runways, but detailed airports? Ouch.

The competitor, which is known for at times shady business behaviour, said something like "40 detailed airports" and that was 100% true.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

16 minutes ago, rka said:

I just don't think it should be done this way. When I bought XP11, it said something like "10.000 detailed 3d airports". I found out quite soon that there may well be 10.000 runways, but detailed airports? Ouch.

The competitor, which is known for at times shady business behaviour, said something like "40 detailed airports" and that was 100% true.

The competitor also mentioned all aircrafts working 100% like the real thing and that i'll be able to see my house (I can't). Belive me, when it comes to false marketing, you'll never win this.

Also you disregard the official stats in the x-plane gateway about what airport is 3d and what is not, all is there and transparent:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/

Edited by mtaxp
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

The competitor also mentioned all aircrafts working 100% like the real thing and that i'll be able to see my house.

Source?

Also you disregard the official stats in the x-plane gateway about what airport is 3d and what is not,

Source for my claim:

Go to www.x-plane.com. Scroll down to where it says:

---

Airports

X-Plane 11 includes detailed 3-D scenery for more than 13,000 airports around the world.

Terminal buildings, hangars, jetways, & more make these airports feel alive.

---

13.000 even.

Yeah. I'll never win this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rka said:

Source?

Source for my claim:

---

Airports

X-Plane 11 includes detailed 3-D scenery for more than 13,000 airports around the world.

---

13.000 even.

As for my source, go watch all the discovery videos. Did they introduce all the water masks from the trailer videos eventually or not lol?

As for you source, the only false marketing I can see is actually x-plane claiming LESS 3d airports that it actually has. Official stats are on the gateway, you can search for an airport and you'll know excatly if it includes 3d or not. I even linked it, and you still disregard, hence...?

Edited by mtaxp

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I see one airport which looks reasonable. Is this standard going to be universal or limited to specific airports?

Well, all the airports exhibited in the screenshots were made from X-Plane default assets. This means that all airports can look as authentic as possible with the provided art assets, assuming there are enough users updating airports to that standard and submitting them to the Gateway.

IIRC the only custom asset - apart from landmarks - in XP11 was the ortho texture for LOWI.

• Upvote 2

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Just now, mtaxp said:

As for my source, go watch all the discovery videos. Did they introduce all the water masks from the trailer videos eventually or not lol?

As for you source, the only false marketing I can see is actually x-plane claiming to have less 3d airporta that it actually has. Official stats are on the gateway, you can search for an airport and you'll know excatly if it includes 3d or not. I even linked it, and you still disregard, hence...?

So no source, just the usual moving of goalposts (now it's water masks...) and XP is even understating. So yeah I probably lost.

21 minutes ago, rka said:

Source?

Source for my claim:

---

Airports

---

13.000 even.

There are over 47000 airports in the world. With only 13k covered at time of launch, you had 3 times more chance to find an empty one.

(source: https://euflightcompensation.com/how-many-airports-are-there-in-the-world/)

The gateway has grown a lot since, now there are over 37000 airports with scenery,  that most are 3d. In Europe you are hard pressed to find an airport that is not covered.

rka, I really don’t see the point you are trying to make here in this topic about improved assets for X-Plane 12. Please stay on topic and don’t make claims that are not pertinent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Well, all the airports exhibited in the screenshots were made from X-Plane default assets. This means that all airports can look as authentic as possible with the provided art assets, assuming there are enough users updating airports to that standard and submitting them to the Gateway.

IIRC the only custom asset - apart from landmarks - in XP11 was the ortho texture for LOWI.

Well let's hope they release XP12 soon because if they don't it's going to be out of of date. I have seen nothing that beats the competition sadly.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rka said:

So no source, just the usual moving of goalposts (now it's water masks...) and XP is even understating. So yeah I probably lost.

There is no need to feed you even more. Look in the MSFS forums your self, too many sources 😉

• Like 1