Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

"X-Plane 12 Airports Teased on Scenery Gateway"

Hi,

As far as the gateway, a genius idea having users create airports for your sim at no cost to the company, one large depository with the ability to check quality before adding them into the mix! 

I truly believe MS2020 users come here because they are "VERY WORRIED" about XP12's release!!! Just look at their stats, seems the novelty for buildings that turn to mush up close has worn off. With the release of XP12, those numbers below will only go D O W N further!

The green line represents Microsoft. Looks like Xplane has a nice steady following, lets see what happens to the blue line (over time) after XP12 gets release. MS2020 keeps taking that dive, it won't be around long.

Flightsim_Comp.jpg

• Like 9

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

58 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I truly believe MS2020 users come here because they are "VERY WORRIED" about XP12's release!!! Just look at their stats, seems the novelty for buildings that turn to mush up close has worn off. With the release of XP12, those numbers below will only go D O W N further!

The green line represents Microsoft. Looks like Xplane has a nice steady following, lets see what happens to the blue line (over time) after XP12 gets release. MS2020 keeps taking that dive, it won't be around long.

MSFS user here - I care less and less about photorealism and at this point I just want a stable simulator that 3rd party developers are able to expand. I am very excited for XP12. Day 1 purchase.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

How long is it going to take for Gateway developers to finish all the 36000 airports as free work for LR?

There are sone of us who actually enjoy contributing to Xplane by doing gateway airports because it is what we can do instead of complaining. Xplane is a community and communities help one another. Its what keeps me here.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, rka said:

when someone has bought a product that is not marketed as incomplete and I think that's awesome.

Well, at least the airports in XP12 won´t have blue taxiway lights in the middle of them! 😆

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

[off-topic] What I find interesting with this graph, is that the number of user is bumping up only when they release a new world update, or maybe an anticipated game update, but the active user count declines rapidly and shortly after back to where it was before (and sometimes lower). This also shows the user base is only artificially pumped up by frequent novelties, not by the attractiveness of the product itself (otherwise I'd guess the difference between the lows and the highs would be smaller). It would be guess work though to project this by the time XP12 releases, and probably this sub-thread would rather be in its own topic. [back-to-topic]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

You guys really can't hold off from talking about other sims in here. And this is both towards those who bring up other sims and those that feel the need to defend Xplane like its their baby. You are both contributing equally to all these locked topics, EQUALLY.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

6 hours ago, rka said:

13.000 even.

Yeah. I'll never win this.

At last count it was 16k 3D airports, 45k hand crafted airports and 25k people working on them.

src

http://dashboard.x-plane.com/

1 hour ago, Janov said:

Well, at least the airports in XP12 won´t have blue taxiway lights in the middle of them! 😆

Bejeez, how could Laminar not fix this yet. I know you are one of those who dont think XP12 will ever look as good, but surely that is something they could have at least tried to get on par with.

Disgraceful messing up something so basic, just because the airports are also getting it wrong in real life really isnt an excuse if LR ever want to attract the 2 million MSFS pilots.

At least, thats what certain people keep telling me.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

32 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

You are both contributing equally to all these locked topics, EQUALL

I don't know who "both" are in you comment, but if I was in it, then thank you for joining, we're 3 now.

More seriously, I personally don't see any problem talking about the FS2020 game in the XP12 simulator topic, nor I see any problem in the reverse. I believe flight simulation is a hobby for most of us on these forums, and a driving force to our knowledge as always been sharing ideas and debating. If we really want our hobby to be served by the best simulator for us, it is necessary therefore to compare the various offering, to criticize what is not good enough and to plebiscite what is. Otherwise, our hobby will stagnate and die IMHO.

The only issue is when posting for controversial reasons only. For example, the XP11 vs FS2020 graph is "slightly" controversial at first read, and I've tried to provide a comment about the graphs in an analytical way (and I might be wrong too in the analysis, but I don't think I'm wrong trying comment this way). So what from then? Is my post read by many as a provocation, or will it be read like I intended as a ground for discussion about what defines attractiveness in a simulator and therefore what beneficial ideas, if any, could serve XP12?

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 hours ago, peroni said:

It is obviously KSEA! Proof

Oohh yeah !! And that makes XP-Plane a completely unrealistic flight simulator (???). I'm wondering, why no one has complained that in Europe (in default XP 11) American cars are driving around. What makes XP an even worse FLIGHT simulator - right??

5 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

What I'm also wondering about ... there's a guy called Greazer in this forum: on his Youtube channel, he has only real flight and X-Plane 11 videos (without whining, how bad it is) and no MSFS or any other videos. Possibly, the guy behind the Youtube channel is actually a different person? 😄 Like: Who am I and if so how many? But possibly Greazer (the one from this forum, not the one from Youtube) can shed some light on this ...

6 hours ago, mtaxp said:

As for you source, the only false marketing I can see is actually x-plane claiming LESS 3d airports that it actually has. Official stats are on the gateway, you can search for an airport and you'll know excatly if it includes 3d or not. I even linked it, and you still disregard, hence...?

Discussions like these remind me to "discussions" with flat earthers. You can throw tons of verifiable facts on them, they will deny.

"The earth is flat! Face it! Please show me ONE single photo of the globe."
You do so, and present links to hundreds and thousands of photos. They denounce them as fakes, as computer generated graphics. In return, they prove that earth is flat, with ... guess what ... computer generated graphics. And even the live stream from the ISS is allegedly a fake. First, because everyone with common sense and trained eyes can recognize it as computer graphics, and second as ISS in any case doesn't exist. "And apart from that, I don't even need to prove that earth is flat, because it's a fact. You can feel it from your heart."
But ... wait ... that's not all: their best proof that earth is flat: even the symbol of the UN is flat.

So ... let's stick with ... verifiable facts. And the nay sayers will still deny spacer.png.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira (XPFR), LGSR Santorini, LRBV Brasov, the city of Fürth (Germany), several libraries, ...

9 minutes ago, uwespeed said:

Europe (in default XP 11) American cars are driving around.

Wishful thinking I guess. Thats not realistic even in America (should be all Japanese and German).

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Wishful thinking I guess. Thats not realistic even in America (should be all Japanese and German).

Oh no !!! spacer.png. But, there is a library of (at least) European cars and trains, created by a guy whose name I just forgot spacer.png to cure this shortfall. However, still no Japanese cars in it, and even worse, no Korean ones. So ... sad but true ... I will immediately delete XP11 from my PC, because that's not what I call a realistic flight simulator.

And until XP12 hasn't implemented such a feature of vital importance, I'll not buy it. By the way, I expect cars to use their blinker when turning left or right in XP12. And flashing, when some other cars/drivers misbehave. Of course I also expect brake lights and emergency blinkers by the cars at the tail of a traffic jam. And what about cars on a parking lot? When the driver leaves the car and locks it by the remote control, it needs to blink as well. Of course the same, when he comes back and unlocks it. THAT'S what I call realism ...

spacer.png

Edited by uwespeed
  • Like 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira (XPFR), LGSR Santorini, LRBV Brasov, the city of Fürth (Germany), several libraries, ...

However ... the cars with blinkers, flashers etc. are still not enough realism. I expect lights in the windows of the houses lit up until let's say midnight, but need to be turned off after midnight - otherwise it's unrealistic.  And ... of course the lights of supermarkets, gas stations, groceries, restaurants, ... have to be lit according to their opening hours. Otherwise ... completely unrealistic and unusable as flight simulator.

And ... what about, if in a certain house a resident plays FSX or MSFS 2020 instead of XP (whichever version) - will XP12 crash? 🙃🤪🤣

Sorry, but you can stand some "discussions" only with sarcasm.